Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

bazaars

Started by Anarchy-420 [1767315] on in Questions & Answers.

6 replies · 71 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
7
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
6
Authority score
43 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
28 / 100
Engagement score
47 / 100
Anarchy-420 [1767315]

just a quick couple of questions, why do some people overprice stuff in the bazaars is there a reason behind this ?
and is it worth opening a bazaar and if so are there any tips or tricks i should know if i choose to open one

thanks in advance
NC17 [1171127]

Like beerstein said I'd get one after level 15 when you start flower running. It saves a lot of money that you'd spend on listing items.

Only tips I can really think of, keep in mind the 3 lowest priced bazaars show up in the item market for the respective item.

You can do higher prices though, and advertise on the newspaper, trade forums, and trade chat.

For my flowers/plushies I tend to price them right under market price, right at market price, or right above market price based on what others are being sold at.

You'll learn what works just by trial and error, hope this helps a bit
Cursed [1901987]

bazaar owners will often over price items, waiting for a massive 1 day spike, which can be 1000's of % profit (eg the kevlar gloves 1day 6 mil spike)

YES IT IS WORTH IT, a little over 17 mil for no fees, and better management
Hopslam [795412]

yeah and sometimes the overprice is to protect from being mugged and taking a loss
if I want ppl to know I have an item for sale, but I won't be online or as active online to protect myself from a mug, I will place the item in bazaar at over priced on purpose, so that it doesn't sell..... and shoot, if it does sell, then all the better.... (price should be high enough to still profit on the sale, even if do get mugged)
_Oberon_ [1109389]

I always keep 1 stupidly overpriced item in my bazaar so that bazaar access is always available via my quicklinks icons.

The other higher priced items are mostly there as 'sell' triggers. When people start buying my flowers at those prices, I think about selling my stock rather than converting to points.