Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Equal stats important?

Started by Drmark [14505] on in Questions & Answers.

24 replies · 366 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 25 / 25 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
25
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
65 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Drmark [14505]

I never trained defence.
My other stats are getting more close to be even, but def. is really nothing.

Is it important to also train def, or will it be possible to do some good attacking with the other 3 in higher numbers?
mywo [1880491]

Not sure but I seem to do ok with dirt defense. I'm in the army now with almost 800 job points so I do plan on working it at some point. So far having it super low has not been a huge hinderance. Seems to me that things balance out in a fight assuming that its not some person with massively higher stats. I'm sure there have been quite a few fights that ive came close to winning that defense would of helped but then again they probably wouldnt have missed as much to get to the point of me almost winning if I had split it with defense. I'm sure theres much more seasoned players with a better grasp on it but thats just my experience.
dunmugmeh [538353]

All the stats do something so its not really a good idea to neglect 1 or more of them.

If you never train a stat it will always be tiny the only way to fix that is to hit the gym its never too late.

Also drmark you havent taken many drugs and used very few energy refills so all your stats will always be low if you dont fix that :P
Drmark [14505]

But Will it majorly effect my attacks?

you always keep pointing on my low stats, but thats hard to fix after 5 years inactivity...

200 xanax the last 3 months, not enough cash for refills yet. Cant do much more....
dunmugmeh [538353]

Yes of course it will affect your attacks.
Low stats are bad for fighting but there are a lot of players with low stats so you can still beat a lot of people.
You should sell a collectible and use the play money to train more.
mywo [1880491]

The question how you train is independent of how much you train. He has obviously prioritized networth and money over stats so I dont think your answer really addresses what stat to train, if not all of them, and why.
mywo [1880491]

Im personally curious how you decide what goes in there. The oddest mix of crazy rare and common things ive seen considering you are missing so many common ones.
Drmark [14505]

I was just asking about what would be a good strategy, not really expecting to defend my profile/choices.

Most of my display was gained in my very active days, all collectables and ultra-rare items during regular laying, before they were worth this much.
My display contains those items, and those that i liked most.

As for the stats, i'd like to try and make them as effective as possible, but i don't have the illusion that i will ever catch up with the top players right now, especially not after being inactive for over 5 years.
A display with rare items, no matter how its filled, is something i probably like best.
mywo [1880491]

I believe the question is though if anyone has any real numbers on the effect of x vs y and astat vs b stat, since they are really grouped in two groups as far as I have learned, (dex vs speed) (strength vs defense). Or has at least an opinion on their individual observations. My guess is that they didnt program it to favor any on one stat, I think there is a minima or maxima where all stats at a certain ratio are going to have the greatest effective value.
Hopslam [795412]

I don't think equal stats are necessarily important. But like others have said here, all stats are important in some regard. So I don't think it would be wise to completely neglect one. It will bite you at some point if it hasn't already when it comes to warring/attacking/defending. I think at a minimum, one should aim to reach stat cap (50m) in each of the 4 battle stats.
DFC [77011]

Like the last few have said With the Changes to stats that happened and things no longer being like the old days. Having a null Stat is going to have a native effect on your overall ability to fight. with stats working on a % base of the person your fighting even having a token amount will have a very direct effect on your fight outcome. even if not you main focus of your training. I would suggest slowly setting goals of where you want your DEf. It never needs to catch your other three.

I have and do do the three stat thing. but have recently dumped around 50 mill stats into my lowest one to bring it over that stat cap and then some. and it seams to have been worth the investment even if it is still 100's of mill's behind my other stats




EDIT: Check out the "Addiction, Plushies & Attacking" post in the Announcement post and it has a few charts on how stats correlate to each other.

Mentions: Addiction, Plushies & Attacking

ReyDuvall [1526820]

You don't think he answered whether to train them all?

Did you even read the post you quoted?

The post you specifically quoted where he said "All the stats do something so its not really a good idea to neglect 1 or more of them."

Yes, you should train all of your stats because they all do something.
CrookedPaper [1832759]

Train with FHC for like a solid Month. You have the Networth to afford it. You'll be surprised how much your stats go up.

And/Or Camp in Army...... and Boost your Defense that way / in conjunction with FHC Training.