Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

MIRC?

Started by AAW [1525734] on in API Development.

7 replies · 127 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 8 / 8 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
8
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
1
Authority score
51 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
26 / 100
Engagement score
48 / 100
LouBaker [1162207]

Thinking and Working on it

done sockopen API function to download the data handling its data is another kettle of fish to explane

working on it

:)
Anthony [1433370]

I'll have a look tomorrow morning, anything you want me to try and implement?

Shouldnt be too hard as it's just feeding already processed data through an irc bot
LouBaker [1162207]

I'm not sure about the rules in IRC yet, I have ask about posting information that is collected via Api

as there are rules to IRC which i have encountered myself

Edit:
can post Faction events without Prompt or Command

its that simple


McNeo [864688]

Rules are simple, if the API returns the data, you can use it. The API helps make this line clear :)

The sky's the limit, boys!
Anthony [1433370]

There was a post about a year or so ago about acceptable irc bot usage, not sure if it still stands but I'll find it when I'm back home
Plornt [1799359]

Relevant parts for those looking is lines 1357 onwards in http://pastebin.com/xyKXfDQw

Seems as though you're using regex rather than a JSON parser. mIRC desperately needs someone to create a DLL for that rather than the crappy WScript option we have now.