With the current attacking system it seems like balanced stats is the best way to go. However, special gyms provide better stats gains in one or two stats. Is it worth it go to for those gyms despite the fact that it requires one or two stats to be higher than the rest? If so should I go with the one that provides one or two?
Special Gyms
Started by KillTheDog [1885834] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 22 / 22 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 22
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 52 / 100
- Historical score
- 28 / 100
- Story score
- 56 / 100
- Engagement score
- 69 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
With the current attacking system it seems like balanced stats is the best way to go. However, special gyms provide better stats gains in one or two stats. Is it worth it go to for those gyms despite the fact that it requires one or two stats to be higher than the rest? If so should I go with the one that provides one or two?
It's up to you. The choice is between a modest financial outlay and higher overall stats (to a minor degree) vs. a somewhat more effective distribution of battle stats.
Never been able to train in most of them x) I guess you need to meet very specific requirements to unlock them?
Yes, you have to have certain heavyweight gyms unlocked and have a specific stat distribution. The details and more information on the gyms is located in this thread: http://www.torn.com/forums.php#!p=threads&f=61&t=15908072&b=0&a=0&start=0
Mentions: The Darkk-DemonSkye Gym Guide
I'm assuming you have to get through all the gym's before you can unlock any special Gym's I assume that because I only have George's left to unlock and all of the special gyms are still locked for me.
Thanks MB... I love the information, but I can't figure out what the colors mean? And... I am pretty sure I read somewhere that once you have finished with Georges, you can go to all the different gyms? You don't have to unlock one at a time right?
Nope - the special gyms just have special requirements to unlock them:
Frontline / Balboas: unlock Cha Cha's and have the two stats stats in question (ie. strength + speed for frontline, dex + defence for balboas) adding up to at least 5/9ths of your stat total.
Gym 3000 / Mr Isoyamas / Total Rebound / Elites: unlock George's and have the stat in question be 25% higher than your second highest stat.
No point in you personally worrying about the Sports Science Lab because you've done too many Xanax already to unlock it (it's essentially the drug free gym).
There are two tiers of special gyms, you can have one of each unlocked at the same time. For instance, once you have unlocked cha cha's you can join frontline fitness, and later when you unlock George's you can join gym3000 or total rebound while keeping access to frontline for the other stat, and George's for def and dex.
You will reach a point later when your stats are in the billions and at that point you might want to balance your stats, but it will take a while and the special gyms will help you get there faster.
I have to keep the stat/stats 25% higher to keep the gym open right? Which one would you recommend going for?
Yes, 25% higher for the lower tier special gyms, frontline and balboas. Looking purely at faster gains frontline fitness would probably be your best bet, as cha cha's + frontline is an excellent combination since cha cha's is good for def and dex. After that you can skip Atlas and join last round for a little more def gains. And finally when you can join George's you train def and dex there, and join a high tier special gym, either total rebound or gym 3000. You need to whore some speed for total rebound or strength for gym 3000 to make sure you can join as quickly as possible when you get to George's. So at this point you must meet the requirements for two special gyms simultaneously. Check the wiki for details.
http://www.torn.com/wiki/Gym#Specialist_Gyms_Overview
Yeah you can go for 2 special gyms simultaneously. Just got to make sure of course that you keep an eye on your stats so you don't accidentally end up losing access to one of them until you meet the requirements again. I had that happen to me before xD
Ohh... then my problem is that I am too even in my stats... So the best I can do is George's until I decide which stat to concentrate on. Since I have the fitness center, should I concentrate on strength since that would be where I would gain the fastest?
I already knew I wouldn't be training at the SS Lab.
Non druggie gym ftw
I am keeping strength up at about 50% higher, so I have, say, 150m on strength and 100m on all the others. That lets me train strength in Gym3000, speed in Frontline, and defence and dexterity in George's. I think I get a total of 3.5% more stats in total, doing it that way...
The unknown gym is a bit hard to keep open, but it's well worth the effort in the end.
I train for goals, say 100m each stat ( not real numbers for me)
I already have isoyamas unlocked so I train defense until I unlock balboas and then I train Dex until I get it to 100m. Then I'll go back and bring up my speed and strength and start over. Im not saying my way is the best, that's just how I've been doing it. I'm unbalanced as I train, but working towards being more balanced every day and I'll be fully balanced once I reach my goals. I usually plan out my goals based on my training period.
With the change to company specials, you can get a big boost to defense and dex training with the strip clubs. My next goal I might do the opposite and use the good gym with strength and speed and use Georges+ company specials for def and dex.
Did you just lose access to it by talking about it?
I think you and the rest of the unknown community in there know I'm still there.
Didn't give any info about it, no need for a boot.
You dont have to unlock the gyms in order.... but each gym is correspondingly higher in requirements and cash acivation. The special gyms have specific ratios of stats needed to unlock them. Balanced stats negates that cos im in the same boat Janet.
Lol