I've had someone ask me about a simple tool that would keep an updated "current market price" for a few different classes of Torn items. First would be items available for purchase in the City: from Beers at Bob's to medical items to Aston Martin's at the Docks, and everything in between. Another example of an Item Class would be Imports: everything available for purchase overseas.
The tool would then display the purchase price along with the "current market price" and allow sorting by potential profit. I don't think availability would be possible to check with the API (correct me if I'm wrong), so that would be up to the user to identify what's the best item available at the time.
The goal here is not necessarily just to find hot items ... but to help compare everything and show the Torn economy to newer players.
--
Here's an example of what I've done manually via spreadsheet (been a while since I updated it), and this tool would just automate the process of filling in the "Market" column.
[image: i.imgur.com]What do you think?