Let's talk some baseball! I can't wait. Who's your squad and why?
MLB is coming!
Started by VanillaRilla [1968068] on in Sports.
About this thread
Posts archived: 21 / 21 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 21
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 23 / 100
- Historical score
- 18 / 100
- Story score
- 35 / 100
- Engagement score
- 55 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Let's talk some baseball! I can't wait. Who's your squad and why?
Tigers all the way!
Mariners will make the playoffs one day.. it's been 11 years but I'm still an avid fan. I watch practically every game that felix is pitching.
King Felix is a great pitcher, but without run support it won't get him anywhere.
There is no team to talk about this year except the Chicago Cubs. Next year is here!
Seriously though, best collection of young talent in the league (Bryant, Schwarber, Russell, Rizzo all potential All-Stars under 25), combined with some good offseason signings (Heyward, Zobrist, Lackey), after making the NLCS last year ... it's tough to not get very excited too early.
Agreed, I'm not a Cubs fan but top that roster off with Maddon and GM Epstein and they are Series or bust.
Grew up a Big Red Machine fan, and get so tired of watching them trade away all the good players.
Good luck facing a potentially historic rotation for the Mets this season. Pick your poison on the mound!!! Going to be a fun season this year wouldn't mind a rematch of the NLCS
Oops "accidental" down rate :P
Yeah though, it's certainly possible, we just need to learn how to make a little more contact at the plate. Heyward is a good step there, and another year for our young guys. We shall see!
Cards al the way!
Any other Rockies fans out there!? I'm sure ready for another disappointing season!
Braves fan here! Ask me in 2017 or 2018, though... LOL
Boston redox look Damn good.
Mets... diehard fan... maybe we can make another run this year - while the pitching is strong and young.
Go Nats!
Sorry to say, the Tigers are on the decline. Miggy has been and will always be 15 lbs overweight, and the older he gets , the more it will hurt his ability to move. Then we talk pitching... theyve lost 2 rotations worth of all-stars over the last 5 years and kept the wrong ones. While they may have solved their closer issue, they wont have enough games for him to save. Theyre lucky if they go .500 this year.
So you know, I took my name from them in what was it , 2007 . Yes I am a fan, just a realistic one.
I think it comes down to the Royals and the Cubs this year.
Tribe fan here! Would love to see their staff vs the Mets staff (which I will on Apr 15th) in the world series! But not expecting a lot... We haven't won since '48 and unless we upgrade our offense a tad, I doubt that streak ends.
Royals baby
Washington Nationals!! GO NATS!!
Royals
Been a fan of the Royals since childhood
SF Giants......... 2016 is our year