Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Free Graphics

Started by sellmore [1977559] on in Graphics.

28 replies · 189 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 29 / 29 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
29
Discussion span
→
Authority score
20 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
36 / 100
Engagement score
62 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

sellmore [1977559]

I'm looking for ideas to break into providing graphics for players in Torn. Post your ideas for banners, signatures, or whatever. I will then build the top three that inspire me the most and provide them free of charge. To get an idea of my style, see my other post titled Graphics through Photomanipulation.

All I ask is that if you like them, please send me more ideas or recommend me to others.[:grin:]
Crass [1977337]

I'd like to see s'more destitute places. There's plenty of anime and portrait/caricatures, how about environments?
sellmore [1977559]

It's got potential. Just need to find the right balance without bringing on the cheese. Right away I got the idea of something like a war scene with a famous general's quote. Or, even (semi-cheesy) combining Crass's with yours and do a scene from Fallout with the words "War. War never changes."
NinjaSushi [1907953]

Just a friendly note that 99% of the time, text in the corner of a piece is a horrible idea. It splits the focal and makes the piece unsettling to look at, as there's no one place to focus on. Unless you're purposely going for that which I don't think you are
sellmore [1977559]

Thanks. Right now, my trouble is designing something around the unknown. So help me out, what are the various types of graphics that can be made that people are looking for? i.e. I hear a lot of talk of Faction Banners and or Signatures. Which is which or what's the difference and what else is there?
NinjaSushi [1907953]

Signatures go in your forum signature and faction banners are banners used to promote a factin within torn. Sizes differ depending on who's making/using
sellmore [1977559]

I'll buy that. I should have phrased that differently. I meant are there other graphics types, besides these and personal profile images that users utilize often. But it sounds like you answered my question with the two main items: Signatures and Banners, which is what I thought, but was hoping there might be other avenues that I hadn't come by yet. Thanks for your help :-)
sellmore [1977559]

I know, right? lol, I can't even keep Tissues and fluffy kittens on the shelves in my items market. I just want to know what the heck they do with all this junk???