Our Faction Announcement information was changed for faction description (and announcement information is now gone) . Information on Faction Announcement was very important for us (it contains information about persons $ in faction). Please fix this bug.
Faction Announcement
Started by Adrenalinas [1974447] on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 28 / 28 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 28
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 61 / 100
- Historical score
- 38 / 100
- Story score
- 48 / 100
- Engagement score
- 65 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- UR04Me [643861]
· 5 likes ·
Please fix it :/
Our Faction Announcement information was changed for faction description (and announcement information is now gone) . Information on Faction Announcement was very important for us (it contains information about persons $ in faction). Please fix this bug.
Please fix it :/
This is not the first time I've heard of this happening.
The last one was a few months ago: https://www.torn.com/forums.php?p=threads&f=19&t=15968184&b=0&a=0
Mentions: Updating faction announcement
need fix it
I can ask a developer to take a look at it, but when I checked I could not find anything wrong. I can't imagine a scenario that allows this to happen and I'm unable to replicate it. I guess we need to add some more protection in somehow.
Can we at least get information, that was on the faction announcement? That information is critical for us.
ah this happened to me, luckily there wasnt anything too important on my announcement
This happened to me multiple times. What happens is, if it helps, you update the faction announcement and the description get's put in the announcements place.
The description remains the same, and the announcement get's erased and the description get's copied over into the announcements.
My faction has lost a lot of information thru this. It seems every time the announcement page gets large in my faction, this happens. So I keep it barebones nowadays.
please can we get back ours information
Is anything going on with this? Please fix it :/
You should find this some what helpful given your situation
http://www.torn.com/temp_factiondonations.php
Other than that you should really store that information in the faction forum.
I've checked this report. I noticed that faction announcement and description are the same in the DB. I don't know how it happened. I tried to edit description and announcement on my faction and everythink went well. So please try to update faction description and announcement.
Can we get information that was on old announcement? That information is very important for us.
I don't think it's possible to retrieve the old information, unless it's backed up, but I guess this will be difficult to retrieve.
Kopites, it's happened quite a few times. Is there any way to increase the reliability in saving the announcement/description as it doesn't seem to be an issue caused by the user.
Can you retrieve the old announcement?
Adrenalinas, you can use the link Rekker pasted above to view the donations to faction, should give you a rough idea of what is going on. Try to use the faction forums as suggested for things like this in the future.
yes i know. but some players keep them money for long time, and it is mixed up. +we give rewards for chains so it is a problem for us :/
this bug has been fixed and will be pushed to the production server tomorrow. We don't have ability to retrieve previous announcements.
Same thing again. Announcement information was changed for faction description. So it not fixed!
Passing back to Kopites
When did it happen? Perhaps it was before pushing to production server? This bug was because of being 2 editors on the page at the same time and our editor library selected active editor incorrectly. So I remove previous editor before adding new editor.
How are you repeating this bug now?