Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

What happend?

Started by DesireIR [1734759] on in Discord.

18 replies · 359 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
19
Discussion span
→
People posting
15
Likes on archived posts
27
Authority score
35 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
44 / 100
Engagement score
64 / 100

Mentioned in this thread

BambinaDuckie [477368] ×1 Stewie [1494547] ×1 MeanMike [1884314] ×1

DesireIR [1734759]

Can someone just tell me what the f*ck has happend to IRC? Used to be so active, used to be constant competition between #Hot_Tub and #Playground, now hot tub is closed downa and playground has 26 people and there dj doesnt work anymore, its so dead and now the best channel is #noob_kingdom, what the f**k..
deft [979003]

Ched wanted chat boxes to replace IRC and decided to stop providing a link to torn's official IRC. It slowly died out, but it's still not entirely dead, several factions still use it and there's still giveaway channels.
Mad_Scottish [1869768]

Question in top of this though. Is irc still the main source of acces to the community or is there another third party that people are using?
DieselBlade [1701621] Wiki Contributor

Yeah what a shame. I'd be interested to start scripting a multi functioning bot, but seems almost pointless now that IRC is dying.
PMV [1577993]

IRC is not dying. IMO, it's been more active on my view that its ever been.

hot tub and playground are not the only chans on there.
DesireIR [1734759]

That's not true, One bit lol, I don't know if you were around 1-2 years ago but every channel was active, Christmas specials, Radios, Everything, Huge giveaways and now you would be lucky to see a giveaway over 5m. It's dead.
PMV [1577993]

Yes, I was. I was one of the admin of #poker&liquor and #pnl, we gave away billions at a time. And yes, I can agree with lotto chans not being as active but giveaway channels are not the only type of channels on IRC.

I'm in several others that have literal non-stop conversations; faction rooms, war chans, etc. Activity in these places have increased a lot more then they used to be. IRC is not dead, people just aren't into giveaways as much these days.

Also, we here at #luckylotto do have quite a few giveaways over 5mil. ;)
Winged_Cougar [1993598]

@OP

I know of two people who have won $100 mil lottos in my faction alone within the last two weeks. I know of numerous other lottos over 5 mil, in more than one channel, I've even won a few of them myself. Keep in mind, this is only a fraction of the lottos I've won(although all of the others are sub $5 mil). IRC is pretty active...

You were sent $5,000,000 from MeanMike with the message: Winner in LL ! Grats ! 2016/11/29 1:56:21 AM

You were sent $7,000,000 from BambinaDuckie with the message: Duckpond Weaner 2016/11/16 12:44:19 AM
You were sent a Feathery Hotel Coupon from BambinaDuckie with the message: Lucky Duckie Winner in Duckpond 2016/11/15 10:57:41 PM
You were sent $5,000,000 from MeanMike with the message: Winner in LL ! Grats ! 2016/10/31 9:29:29 PM You were sent $25,000,000 from Stewie with the message: Congratulations! You're the biggest noob in #Noob_Kingdom 2016/09/08 11:15:08 PM


Mentions: BambinaDuckie [477368] · MeanMike [1884314] · Stewie [1494547]

TED [496062]

If you remember me from the past, you will know in actuality (with the exception of me being quite busy with a new job as of February) that the radio aspect is coming back, the progress is slow but does exist www.TornParty.com -- #PARTY on IRC -- (Website coming soon). You can find members from the old Hot Tub, Playground, and other channels there and lotto's happen just not as frequently as they once did...

I was gone for much of RESPO 2.0 but from what I gather once the chats were brought in and irc links removed from the main navigation bar things wen't downhill from there...
Bull4 [2025605]

Actually #party is a great room and plenty of friendly people on there at all times of the day. Plus plenty of lottos in there and in #duckpond.