Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Drugs

Started by Reznc [1998503] on in Questions & Answers.

18 replies · 245 views · thread synced · 12 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
19
Discussion span
→
People posting
11
Likes on archived posts
23
Authority score
45 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
62 / 100

Most-liked replies

1GLao [1981317]

Agreed except with item market being the best place. Only half agreed. It IS the most convenient. However, when xanax starts to climb in prices, always best to get it yourself. E started that shit too. First time I traveled just to get E since I played the game. WTF I ain't made money, Item Market Dealers! lol I see those prices. going up 1k at a time. Then BAM almost paying 7-10k over priced value. NOPE
dunmugmeh [538353]

All the cool kids travel for flowers, plushies and temporary weapons now. If you have to travel for drugs it should be long. The close destinations maybe more expensive than the item market.
1GLao [1981317]

so far, as of today, i see that china and japan have E for 44k and 45k respectively. It's 69k going to 70k in Item Market. And xanax is the cheapest in S. Travel is def. worth it for me. I'm up to my ears in plushies, waist in flowers cause I'm too lazy to organize my bazaar. I try to be a drug runner, but I can't stop using lol
NikolaTesla [1631174]

You have to keep an eye on the profit that can be made from the other items at a location.

*EDIT* DON'T READ THIS, IT IS WRONG, THE CORRECT ADVICE IS IN THE POST BELOW

Sometimes while the drugs look like a better deal than the item market ones, it is also sometimes the case that the profit available on the flowers/plushies or other items is high enough to make buying them a better move. The profit from them can be high enough to allow you to sell them on the item market and use the money to buy the drugs from the item market and still be better off than if you had bough the drugs abroad instead.

I think at the moment it does work out cheaper buying the xtc in China as the saving is about $25K while the the pandas are only selling for about 90K so you only save $21K per drug in this way. Meanwhile buying and selling peonies is making a saving close to that of the xtc. Often though, more money can be made on the plushies or the flowers making them a better option. Especially if the price of xtc in the Item Market decreases. Worth keeping your eye on as if you can make upwards of 10K per item, using someone who can carry 20 items as an example, it could leave you with the cash ($200K or more) to buy 3 or 4 more xtc.

In South Africa the situation becomes more complicated because it is generally more difficult to predict the revenue obtainable from buying and selling combat gear (the plushies and flowers are rarely a better option) . But if you can make over $120K-$125K per item on the item market then you are going to be better buying them instead of the xans and buyin the xans on the item market.

It is also complicated by the fact that traveling there always results in some energy being unavailable for training (although it is availble for hunting or mugging or reviving of course). If you are online when you arrive there you can reduce the 'wasted' energy to 110-120 E (4 cans worth). Players that look at things in this way might think it better to travel to a location where enrgy loss can be avoided/minimised to buy and sell items to allow them to buy drugs from the item market. Of course, if they are already on a hefty drug cooldown then this might not be an issue at all.


Hope that made sense.
1GLao [1981317]

It makes a lot of sense. You cleared a lot of paths up for me. I'm not business minded in this game, yet. I'm just traveling and stockpiling. However, with your explanation, I can at least come up with a plan for when I'm ready to actually move into a full on business mindset. Thanks. Right now I'm just training training mugging training. But you've helped my future plans
NikolaTesla [1631174]

Actually, I'd mixed things up a bit and gave you the wrong advice. I was thinking about some other type of transaction I think. Please ignore it and read this instead.

You are in fact, in the example of China, much better off if you buy the flowers or plushies and buy the xtc off the item market.

I will go do the numbers in a doc and come back and copy/paste what I mean.

*EDIT* OK, got the numbers you need to look at here, hopefully this will be simple enough to wash the mistake I made earlier clean away...

The way to get a grip is to consider the money that you start with.

Lets randomly choose the figure of 3 million bucks ($3M) and a carrying capacity of 20.

So you have $3M and travel to China and buy 20 xtc at 45K each. That's gonna cost you $900K.

So now you have $2.1M and 20 xtc

Imagine instead that you travelled to China and bought 20 Pandas. Because the Pandas cost $400 to simplfy things let's assume you sell them on the Item Market for $90,400 giving you 90K profit per Panda.

So that would be 20*90K=$1.8M.

Now you have $3M+$1.8M= $4.8M (but no xtc...yet)

So you visit the Item Market and buy 20 xtc at $70K each which adds up to $1.4M which comes off your £4.8M

So now you have $3.4M and 20 xtc (compared to $2.1M and 20 xtc if you bought the xtc in China).

Buy the plushies bro. (or the flowers, it's the same kind of deal)


Mercenary [1993692]

So 1 guy comes up to another guy and says : Hello i would like to purchase some cocaine please. So the other guy says " how do i know you're not a cop'? . Well Sir , i can tell you this ! im not a cop cops arent allowed to say that right? ... OH ye , you right. Ok how much cocaine would you like...

I think we know where this is going
lol