Okay, I'm trying to be as nice as possible when writing this. I have OD'd TWICE in two days. TWICE. One was drug addiction which I fixed and went to rehab and then all the sudden just now it happens again. I know the OD is on a random scale or whatever, but you all need to fix this. It makes our lives so much harder and frankly, it's making me want to quit the game. Sure, I could quit and go about my day, but I really enjoy this game and really enjoy the people around. So please do something to fix the system.
Fix the OD system
Started by Black_Panther_ [1892219] on in Suggestions.
About this thread
Posts archived: 21 / 21 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 21
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 28 / 100
- Historical score
- 32 / 100
- Story score
- 52 / 100
- Engagement score
- 57 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Accurate [1758158]
· 1 likes ·
You know that's a good point. With drugs 2.0 it would be nice to see the medical degrees or top medical job professionals have a slightly lower OD chance based on understandings of drug limitations. Then again... if you're doping …
Okay, I'm trying to be as nice as possible when writing this. I have OD'd TWICE in two days. TWICE. One was drug addiction which I fixed and went to rehab and then all the sudden just now it happens again. I know the OD is on a random scale or whatever, but you all need to fix this. It makes our lives so much harder and frankly, it's making me want to quit the game. Sure, I could quit and go about my day, but I really enjoy this game and really enjoy the people around. So please do something to fix the system.
If u are whining about only 2 straight ODs I'd quit now xD there are people who managed 5 xanny ODs in a row and don't whine
Try get over it, I OD'd on my first Xanax but still I am here playing.I guess I was only 2 days old & on level 3 or 4.
Drugs give players huge boosts against non drug users, so there has to be a downside... [:sick:]
You will get used to od's if you continue playing. You might even learn to like them, as they give you an opportunity to relax for a day and not think about your next xanax.
I just wish half the failure parts of Torn didn't make your character look like a retard or just plain careless. You should really know the doses after so long.
I've recieved 2 OD's in a row before, then again I've gone 4 months in a row without one. That's chance for you.
Chances are when drugs 2.0 rolls out you'll see some OD changes but I'm betting it will still be a chance system.
well xanax is typically a medical drug, if we are getting them from other various means it could be a tablet is cut differently
That could make sense but a lot of us are medically trained professionals, there is the potential that we really should understand the drugs we have. Still... might be just balance, even if it makes you look dumb.
You know that's a good point. With drugs 2.0 it would be nice to see the medical degrees or top medical job professionals have a slightly lower OD chance based on understandings of drug limitations.
Then again... if you're doping up all the time and spend most of your days at work stealing med packs, how much do you really learn?
Hopefully Drugs 2.0 will have some changes to it. Also, you make a good point about the medical degrees and jobs. I could see that working well for people.
Well... you wouldn't get promoted if you couldn't do the job... not with the amount of people getting shot, especially in the head.
Getting OD'd makes me laugh, I just have the struggle of getting the happiness back through exctasy, someones bound to revive u for the merit, its just funny
I take it you're one of the non-payers.
no no, i dont even ask for a revive, a revive just comes out of nowhere
Here my two cents opinion :P
I would suggest to just reduce the OD Drug cooldown. I mean you already lost all the E, your life, happiness. (let's say you are at you third or second) and the Xanax you paid.
It would be nice to not have as well 24 hours drug cooldown. We keep the drug cooldown, of course. But you get the max cooldown of Xanax 8 hours. So you can't just keep spamming Xanax.
In other words, you keep the mechanic as is, but change the drug cooldown to max Xanax or drug you use and OD on. So it's a pain. Still need to rehab for the happiness and stuff. But at least you can start again in a futur not to far, not one day later.
In my opinion.
I don't want the drug to be OP. Just more convenient. I love that you have consequences on OD.
But now I feel like it's too many consequences.
Let me know what you think.
Well, I have to give you credit where credit's due, you had an idea and you used the search function to really deep dive and find an already existing thread for it instead of jumping straight to making your own new thread. Kudos for that.
However. A decade dead thread is, generally speaking, well old enough to just make your own new thread on a topic or suggestion. Still, mad respect for going out of your way to find an existing thread.
Now, as for your suggestion, probably not. I fully understand that 72hrs in hosp and 24hrs of cooldown is a long time to be waiting to take another drug, but it's also (relatively) rare. <5% of the time, you OD on Xanax, and the vast majority of the time, you're revived out of the hosp quickly and usually for free, assuming you have revives turned on. The 24hr cooldown is long, I get it, but it's also rare and pretty well balanced with the benefits of taking Xanax and not OD'ing. I don't really think the OD system needs much change, if any at all. It would be interesting if your addiction level played a role though. Wonder what the optimal time to rehab would become in that world.
#chedging
Yeah maybe your are right.
But I feel stolen when I OD. This game is a game of time, and you go robbed of 24 precious hours.
<5%, than my luck is trash xD
PS. For the thread, I really wanted to see if one exist before I do mine. Because I know sometime people just flood the forum of the same thread over and over . ( My experience from other forum I participated in :) )
No, you're absolutely right, 24 hours really does feel like a long time. But when you think about how infrequent Xanax OD's are and consider how much you (theoretically) should be gaining in between each OD on average, it balances itself out quite a bit.
Nobody knows for sure what the Xanax OD rate is except for the devs, but based on what we've seen, the Xanax OD rate should be in the 3-4% range, leaning more towards 4%. Ecstasy has the highest OD rate at around 5%. Call me a nerd, but think about this in TTRPG (D&D, Pathfinder, ShadowDark) terms. That's really just a nat 1 on a d20, leading to a critical failure. That's... not as common as it sometimes feels. Anyways, I ramble on.
Thank you hugely for doing the research though, there are definitely a number of people that post the same suggestion several times, sometimes while the same idea is still on the front page of the Suggestions forums (cough cough, casino access while flying, cough cough). That being said, I think a ten year old thread is old enough to warrant making your own, new thread.
#chedging
I will.
see what others think. Thx Appreciate the input.