Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Tin foil hat

Started by Navin [786973] on in Questions & Answers.

30 replies · 624 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 31 / 31 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
31
Discussion span
→
Authority score
61 / 100
Historical score
29 / 100
Story score
46 / 100
Engagement score
70 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

CertaCito [239] ×1

Marc [24377]

Tin Foil Hat, like the Staff Haxx Button, Red/Green/Blue Ornament and some others (can't think of them right now) are items presented to all staff for their work. They are unable to leave the staff member's account, either through selling or gifting.

Unique staff items which were created specifically for one staff member are allowed to be gifted, but not sold, by the staff member.
python [1009878]

They can buy and sell other people's staff items
I also think they can buy their own items back once gifted and probably able to resell
Foxxenheimer [733751]

So I can keep it? Hooray!

I always told him that if I was allowed to give it to him, I would. In the knowledge I wasn't allowed of course :P
Mat-Senpai [952164]
https://www.torn.com/profiles.php?XID=239

T
his player is selling their staff item in the auction house right now, they've sold their staff items in the past and from my player report admins are fully aware of it. Despite that the auctions continue, the player remains out of fed and their staff items remain in their display without money being removed (based on NW graph)

So why exactly do you think they are stripped of money and fedded?

Mentions: CertaCito [239]

Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

I do believe Marc has a point and I'm not sure why he's not in fed if he's doing that... I've heard more than a few times that ex staffers where wiped because they sold their own staff items, although I cannot remember who it were in these cases...
Butters [34298]

Got to be honest and say that unfortunately it looks like Cert should be fedded and stripped for this, if indeed that is what has happened to other ex-staff members who have sold their own staff items.
Cartman [1621675]

He wasn't aware of the rule - Clansdancer is going to reverse the transaction at the end of the auction which is what he told me when i asked about it. He contacted Clansy himself.
Mat-Senpai [952164]

Wasn't aware of the rule? Last time I check rules are subject to those ignorant too, nor was this the only time he sold an item - I look forward to seeing his networth dropping at the very least.
Cartman [1621675]

This isn't for us to comment on / make a judgement. The rules have blatantly changed since he last actively played / was a staff member. I doubt his net-worth will drop considering all what's going to happen is that the transaction will be reversed.

I think if you've got an issue with this, you'd have to bring it up with clansy and question her decision on the matter.
Mat-Senpai [952164]

I'll also be sure to complain to the spanish government on the judgement passed on Messi, I'm sure both will be very productive.

edit: it's also interesting to know that a long time ago staff were allowed to sell their items for money.
CertaCito [239]

I spoke to Clansy about this straight after I did this as I was made aware this was not allowed. She said she'd reverse when it had completed.

I've never sold any off MY staff items ever. I gifted them away before I quit 8/9 years ago.

Once again I'll mail Clansy about this, even though I've been messaging her regarding this issue anyway.