Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Dog tags

Started by Mat-Senpai [952164] on in General Discussion.

159 replies · 4.79k views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 160 / 160 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
160
Discussion span
→
Authority score
62 / 100
Historical score
39 / 100
Story score
67 / 100
Engagement score
85 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

PatBenatar [420347] ×2 NZSAS [382829] ×1 ffx2queen [449632] ×1 wayyeewooo [1337407] ×1 Collapse [1715986] ×1 The_Investor [2025937] ×1

Mat-Senpai [952164]

looks like it's that time of the year again where it's time to go on a hunting spree!

shame i just used a 30% gym book =[

edit: my honour has been changed to the 250 tag honour, i'm not going to be going for any, pls stop attacking me.
PatBenatar [420347]

Still a hateful person I see, you are truly pathetic!

P_B_Deer_Hunter mugged you and stole $156. PatBenatar`s +45 dog tag was taken. [view]


Cartman [1621675]

Nah, it makes no sense to have the opt out option. I don't know what the massive fuss to have an opt out option is, dog tags promotes massive activity in the community let's say half the active players opted out it just ruins the competition for everyone else.

If you don't like it, don't play it, let your tag get mugged and move on. The few hospitalisations you get from being mugged shouldn't be a problem for any active player.

I honestly think it isn't something Ched would want to implement either.
CatHead [1581564]

I dunno, I find it a nuisance to be attacked all the time for dogtags that I lost on day one. There's no way to keep your head down with a bunch of old forum posts... It's not easy to compete with high level players unless you keep yourself un-attack-able for the entire month.

Having a little 'This player has no dog tag' on your profile would be pleasant in my opinion. Grit your teeth and bear it is obviously the only option but I just don't think that's how a competition you didn't choose to be a part of should feel really.
JussiJernkuuk [1874922]

Why would you want to opt out anyway? Most people not participating will get some defends and maybe weapon experience and so on.
SourRon [852964]

I've lost my tag already. I think I will just train this time.

Got to say it's a stupid idea to run this competition without having some announcement in advance first. Having no prior announcement gives an advantage to those who happen to be on line and notice the competition has begun.