Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Negative Wealth

Started by I3omb [1967489] on in Questions & Answers.

13 replies · 262 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
14
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
19
Authority score
45 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
60 / 100

Most-liked replies

Hopslam [795412]

well, loans and unpaid fees reduce your net worth, and money on hand can go into negative when it's removed from the game due to breaking rules



This new networth value adds up everything you own with a monetary value, including...

- Items in inventory, display case, bazaar, on the market, and in parcels / presents you own.
- Money on hand, in your bank, vaults, Cayman account, trades, poker games, checks, etc.
- Value of all shares, properties and points you own.
- Value of your company if you are the director.
- Loans and unpaid fees that reduce your networth.
-Beesus- [1959482]

I think It's quite common for gambling addicts.

Step 1: Lose all their money on Blackjack

Step 2: Take out a loan from Duke to gamble with, as a desperate attempt to win lost money back

Step 3: They lose Dukes money to gambling

Step 4: They end up on minus Networth, and it gets worse as interest payments rise
Rino_007 [344056]

Those are the most common forms of negative wealth. However you can also get it from bug abuse with any illegitimately earned cash debited from your account. Along with getting caught for RWT *after* loosing it at the casino.
Leemits [1988079]

I have negative wealth at the moment. My wealth was about 60m~ then I sold some stuff to buy a DP & took a 52m loan out from the loan shark to rent a PI.

It's because of the loan, it just subtracts it from my wealth.


Rino_007 [344056]

That is an excellent use of negative nw for building up cash whileâ newish. How long did you rent the pi for? I'd like to think you rented the pi to fly since at that point it's the fastest way to increase your nw without a lot of risk. Not saying trading can't be done but I'm saying the margins could be tight and a few mug buys could cripple your cash growth.
Leemits [1988079]

I rented the PI for 60 days I believe, for 51.2m, I've paid off 13.1m so far + ready to pay off another 6m.

I'm about to join a faction that gives +10 items also, but i'll be paying the owner weekly to get the +10, but It'll mean I make potentially 8m+ extra per week anyway.

I'm travelling for money yup you guessed it, nessie plushies + heather (nessies over heather since they're cheaper with the same sell price) depending on stock. It's working well so far, I only travel with 100k at a time, so mugging isn't really anything to worry about.
Rino_007 [344056]

Consider buying a large suitcase so it'll increase your profit per trip. I was more concerned about mugging if you were trading on margin. Flowers and plushies are very safe an odd mug won't kill the profit for you. Before joining the faction consider doing some research to ensure you get the best place for you.

Also of note flowers and plushies have a higher profit % than Xanax and ecstasy but Xanax has a lower % making it not as good while trading on margin.
Leemits [1988079]

Yeah I plan to stick with flowers & plushies for now, I have a small suitcase which gives me +2 it only cost 1.6m compared to the 10m for a large suitcase which is only +4, so I figure that'll do for now! [:tongue:]

�

Once my loan is paid off I'll have to think of a plan so I know what I'm working towards.
Rino_007 [344056]

You'll want to have liquid cash so you don't need to use the loan again. The key will be keeping it safe and readily accessible and mug proof. For that I'd suggest using points or buying donator packs to sell once your rental is up. Dpacks would be the safest if you don't mind losing some when selling them to the system. And you'd be able time your selling off items to match when you can buy a do. Or perhaps convince a buyer to buy the flowers using a dp instead of cash.
Hopslam [795412]

You should check around factions, no reason to pay a faction leader for use of their +10 item travel perk

should be plenty of factions with the special that will happily take you in, even if temporarily, and not in a warring mode
Leemits [1988079]

I'll put spare money into points for a rainy day, so that I have money for another rental or DP if I need one.

I use to spend a lot of money on xanax, company trains, erotic DVDs, energy refils etc, money I had made from gambling and flower running. But I don't intend to gamble, so I'll need to just focus on building some money up over time until my stats are good enough for alternative ways. That's long term anyway, paying off that debt is enough of a goal [:dizzy:] .