Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Were teams random?

Started by Matdasos [1497092] on in General Discussion.

23 replies · 385 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 24 / 24 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
24
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
33 / 100
Story score
54 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Matdasos [1497092]

So, teams in elimination competition were supposed to be random, but we know for sure there were conditions to have the option to join PP and MM. I was wondering if same thing applied for other teams too, for example:

Pink Power: be a woman in game (verified)
Mountain Men: be a man in game (verified)
Ninjas: Stealth attacks
Rebel Front: People who attacked staff members or doesn't complete education
Pacifists: People who don't attack often
Nerdz: Amount of viruses coded
Green Army: Amount of cannabis consumed
Original Gangsters: Crimes made
Short Bus: People with low stats for their levels
Illuminati: 1% richiest for their level
Pirates: People who mug on other countries
Murica: have used the US flag as honor bar

I imagine this some how working kind of how Titles work, you can meet the requirements for several teams, but the ones whre you are better will have priority.

I know it's pointless to know this now elimination is ending and we know it'll change next year, but anyway, I want to know your thoughts :)
MP98 [1984170]

I was a man (LOL) but I was not offered MM, so jokes on you :P

PS: Still a man xD

Oh, and I never used the US flag honor, yet was offered honor
Baltar [1556410]

All the elim teams should be random draw in future to avoid any unfair play or abuse like shown this year. Efforts to prevent too many same faction members on same team should be considered also.. Or stacking a team full of higher level active rich guys who'll crush everyone else. Every team should have similar chance of winning the thing.
Matdasos [1497092]

You are missing the point, none female player was given the option to join MM, so being a male was a requisite for joining MM, doesn't mean all males will have the option, you can meet the requirements for all teams, but the system will only give you 4.

And this are just ideas dude... If I knew this for sure I wouldn't ask your thoughts...
Snappy [644425]

Interesting post, but I don't think any teams other than PP and MM worked like that.

It would put, for example, the illuminati team as an option for all the richest (i.e strongest) players in the game. That would have shown quite clearly in the team rosters.

R+ for creativity though.
MP98 [1984170]

I know, I was just saying. I think it worked like that for the mentioned teams, with females having the most chances for PP
JussiJernkuuk [1874922]

According to bogie they at some point considered making every team have a special requirement, but that never happened for any other teams than PP and MM.
-Khaos- [2063067]

Just FYI I was given the option of Green Army, Illuminati, Nerdz and Rebel Front. Compare my stats and work out if I should have been given those choices. Given your theory, it seems very unlikely.
Ilmatar [641520]

or trollz... i chose those for the aborted first round :D
Then i could have legally trolled general discussions all day long... hahahahaha
philoten [1646213]

I actually mentioned this at the beginning of the comp in a few threads....



Rebel Front: People who attacked staff members or doesn't complete education

I always complete education courses and am friends with lots of staff and have never attacked them.
daub [1869454]

I like good conspiracy theories, myths and stories so this thread gets a sultry look from me. Don't think there's anything in it but more likely than the moon landings or heliocentricity.
bogie [148747] Admin Staff

I think more so it was figured people would find it too complicated, and considering people found genders too complicated in Torn it seems we at least got that one right...
taktikz [7800]

If I remember, this year I was offered MM, Rebel Front, Pirates, and Murica.

MM - male - YES

RF - I have attacked staff members and haven't completed education - YES

Pirates - I do mug overseas - YES

Murica - Never used US flag as honor bar - I have logged in from the US before, maybe that's it

Ninjas - I have 22,183 (83.3%) stealth attacks - Partial NO - Was offered and went Ninjas last year, but wasn't offered it this year

The guess does work for why I wasn't offered Pacifist, Nerdz, Green Army, Illuminati


Nazure [1964909]

I do much stealth atk against weaker player, and was offered to joined Ninja.

I don't remember the other Team-offer. Would be nice if can retrieve it somewhere in data log.
FidelCashflow [1993550]

These would be bad ideas in general as they would put more power on some teams than others. A team of rich people is going to be considerably stronger than a team of low stats for their level.

Next year it should hopefully just be 4 fully randomized teams to eliminate the bitching but still let people coordinate a little and play with friends.