Mulled Wine?
Started by FuriousGeorge [1960086] on in Food & Cooking.
About this thread
Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 6
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 4
- Likes on archived posts
- 10
- Authority score
- 7 / 100
- Historical score
- 16 / 100
- Story score
- 29 / 100
- Engagement score
- 46 / 100
I love mulled wine, and mulled cider.
I find it's much better to make it yourself. Just like with pre-mixed sangria, pre-made mulled wine is the stuff of retarded hangovers. Plus it's so easy to make your own, and you can add a bit of rum to make it a bit more "happy".
What was in your recipe?
Brandy
star anise
ground cinnamon sticks
zested orange
cardamom
cloves
sugar
(and the wine)
I've always been curious to try it, but haven't yet. Was it easy? And tasty? Because there's still plenty of time in winter for me to give it a go if so :D
Very good. Worth doing - pretty easy to do and easy to adjust after the fact for taste. We added more brandy to ours as some of the booze cooked out.
hehe....because I love mulled cider, or spider as we call it (short for spiced cider) I thought I would love mulled wine. I had to add it to the same list that I have hot buttered rum on. I just love the names "mulled wine and hot buttered rum". The taste did nothing for me....lol.
I checked out your recipe, George and I can't remember putting brandy in. Maybe I"ll give it another shot. :P