Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Inactive Employee

Started by -Khaos- [2063067] on in Questions & Answers.

13 replies · 242 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
14
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
19
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
17 / 100
Story score
35 / 100
Engagement score
60 / 100

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

Flatty [1561826] ×1

-Khaos- [2063067]

I have noticed that one of my employees hasn't logged on in 2 days. At what point does this affect my company and what action should I take?

I know I can fire him and find a replacement, but I have no idea the reason for his absence and don't want to fire him unless I really have to.

Your advice please.
Stewie [1494547]

I personally wait a few days before resorting to firing. I'd say kick once they drop an efficiency bolt or when you start to notice an effect.
Stewie [1494547]

Send out a company Newsletter as well, explaining that they risk being fired should they go inactive. Inactivity is inactivity, their efficiency will be dropping every day they aren't on-line but if it isn't affecting you noticeably, I'd say give them a chance to come back.
GreyDuck [2045772]

Employee efficiency starts dropping if the Last Login exceeds about 15 hours.

However, I used to wait 2 days or until they drop a bolt. Otherwise, if they are consistently logging on only every two days or so, I keep them and find another employee in the meantime. Once I get that employee, I fire the old one. After all, they probably show little to no signs of improving anyway.
Baldr [1847600] Reporter

For an occasional inactive period, a day or two doesn't bother me. When it gets to 5 days or so, I tend to start looking for a replacement. If they come back before I find one, fine. If I find a replacement, I fire them and put the replacement in the job slot.

If they regularly go several days without logging in, I talk to them first, but if it continues, I replace them.

If they warn me ahead of time, so I know they'll be back, then I'll let them go longer. Sometimes people have a vacation or something and won't be active. I'm fine with that as long as I know they'll be back. If they don't message me ahead of time, I have no way to know if they will be back and active in a week, or a month, or never.


Baldr [1847600] Reporter

I don't know of any useful reason to unassigned an employee. I think it's just there so there is some kind of status to give them when they've been hired but you haven't yet assigned them a position. That employee still takes up a position, and you have a limited number of spots. (Max of 10 employees in some companies, 20 in some companies, probably other possible limits, depending on company types and upgrades.) If they are going to take up a spot, you should have them assigned to a position. If you don't want them at all, fire them.






heresy23 [949810]

Stop paying his salary till he logs on and is active 2 days in a row ! Its the best way to teach employes the consequences of not being a daily player...!
SilentIce [100295]

i held a 10 star pub with only 2-3 active members daily :> the trick is, make more people managers and the'll atleast keep everyone else at 4 stars ;0
GamerJed [2037065]

Now, I may not have my facts straight, but one of my old Game Shops I used to run had several inactive employees, and when I fired them, profits went down.

Once again, I may not have my facts straight, but ever since I found that out I usually just kept inactives around for free labor, lol
Hopslam [795412]

pretty harsh to consider firing after 2 days inactive... I guess it all depends on goals for the company, whether aiming for something in particular and working hard toward it, or casually strolling along, or whatever it may be

I think regardless of circumstances, in any situation it's better to find the replacement first, and once that application comes in, then fire/hire
Baldr [1847600] Reporter

Inactive lowers their efficiency, but unless they are inactive a long time, then an employee with low efficiency is still going to be better than a completely empty employee slot.

But if you have all your employee spots full, and that same low activity person gets replaced by a new employee with similar stats, and the new person is active, then you're better off. The option isn't "keep them" vs "fire them and leave the spot empty".

The question comes down to "How long before you fire them and replace them". If I decide to fire someone over inactivity, I start looking first. If they come back before I hire, then I take down the Now Hiring sign. I only fire them when I have another applicant ready to fill the spot.