Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Elton John

Started by CaptainAssClown [66612] on in Music.

19 replies · 84 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 20 / 20 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
20
Discussion span
→
People posting
8
Likes on archived posts
13
Authority score
23 / 100
Historical score
12 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
56 / 100
CaptainAssClown [66612]

I am SO psyched!!!

Just got 4 tickets to the "Goodbye Yellow Brick Road" final Elton tour for September 15th in Buffalo NY.

What is your favorite EJ album...and why?

Mine is "Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy"

My reason is that my step-sister introduced me at age 13 to some of her cheerleader friends and my "world" changed for good...OH SO GOOD....listening to that album in the back seat of a few cars lol ;)

"Sweet Freedom Whispered in my Ears"......but at that age...not nearly "roped and tied"

Sweet Sweet memories....and can't wait for September!!!!
Mudbottom [1879891] Wiki Contributor

17-11-70 Elton John

Full A&R Session linked here, the LP I have is a condensed and re-ordered version.

18+min 'Burn Down the Mission'

8min '60 Years On'

Both are Elton on fire imo.

Neighbor kid had an older sister who listened to Elton. But there was a mutual hatred among us due to an age difference so I didn't exactly give it much of a listen back then.

But quite a few songs would dominate Summer air play on the radio as he got real popular.


dunmugmeh [538353]

Hes had such a great career but to be honest he isnt my cup of tea. His music always seems so nice. I like music with a bit of a edge to it.
CaptainAssClown [66612]

Oh....I agree whole heartily. ...but it was at "that" time lol. Frick

....I ABSOLUTELY love the Alan Parsons Project also. Few people realize the Beatle's would NOT have been so big without him.

And I think it was Ringo....or Harrison...that said after ELO's "Out of the Blue" success. ..that this would be what the Beatle's would be if they didn't break up.

LOL!!!!

Jeff Lynne was so much bigger than the Beatles in my mind...and Alan Parsons the same.
CaptainAssClown [66612]

That is SO true.....so true.

But without EJ. for Bernie...we might have had the Tiny Tim version of "Madwoman across the Puddle"...or worse....


CaptainAssClown [66612]

Okay...I get it...you work for Fox News.

I knew that "900" in your Game ID # meant something.

Can I call it and get some Sean Hannity butt-sex ...will you be my one and only "Brown Dirt Cowboy" fantasy?
Sinatra [1677159]

I saw him once in the late 80's and it was an awesome show...I'd like to see him again, especially if it's the last time. I think I've had or listened to every album (thanks to older siblings) at one time, the only one I recall not caring for was Friends.