>I literally said ignoring health issues is bad and you misquoted me and said the complete opposite...
I was commenting that we are at odds as to what defines a health issue.
>Your metaphors and ridiculous comparisons don't make any sense to what we're talking about.
Yes, they do make sense... if you understand the problem.
>Using a script to ignore shitposters isn't "Ignoring the problem" as you put it,
Explain how ignoring a problem is not ignoring it.
>its acknowledging the problem of shitposters and solving the problem by removing them.
The script does not remove the problem.
The script IGNORES the problem.
The script is an IGNORE script.
Nobody has been removed by the script. They are all still around in the forums.
If you were to turn off the script, you can totally still see them.
>If you were to acknowledge the fact there are many shitposters and trolls and
>do nothing then you are ignoring the problem,
Dood... you are literally doing just that with that script.
The script AUTOMATES the process of not doing anything after acknowledging there is a problem.
It is a computer software designed for you to no longer have to acknowledge or doing anything.
>the script is merely a solution to deal with it.
It is a script to not have to acknowledge it or admit it exists.
It is an IGNORE script... it automates the process of sticking your head in the sand on a topic.
The fact you are saying that you are not ignoring a problem by ignoring the problem... is freaking insane.
Like... how the hell do you double think like that?
No... that is not an implication to be made there.
That is an insane conclusion that people bring up to try to discredit people pointing out issues with their plan.
"What? This plan is problematic? WELL ARE YOU SUGGESTING EXTREME CONCEPT X?"
I am saying the mindset that allows people to make use of an ignore script to ignore problems is the mindset that allows really big problems and larger demons to have a place to function.
The ignore script is just a script that automates the process of ignoring a problem.
#facepalm
You are using a social problem to solve issues on a game forum that suffers from a lack of moderation.
You are literally going all, "Hey--this strategy that has enabled a large problematic group to be born anew and function like they've never functioned before now... let's use it because there are a couple people who are annoying."
Which is kind of ridiculous.
Then you are being ridiculous about being explained why it is ridiculous.
`ifconfig -i * down`
Or... you know... just disable your wifi and make certain no cables are in any RJ-45 or RJ-11 jacks on your various electronic devices.
>What if the person is the 'problem', the problem doesn't necessarily get worse
>if you ignore it, as you're oblivious to it. Giving you ease of mind oppose to
>having a problem.
Yes... they do get worse. As they will still be there. You just cannot see them.
>It's better to ignore someone as oppose to 'punishing' someone for
>expressing their opinions. It controls the hate leaving for an environment
>catered towards what both are most comfortable with.
It does not control hate... it enables hate... it has hate able to manifest to levels beyond what was there before.
I've literally watched that mindset cause levels of hate and anger that were not in anyway possible prior to that occur slowly over the last four decades.
>Obviously this only works to an extent and wouldn't work in serious matters as things may need to be addressed.
It does not work to any extent. There is nothing that works to it.
This thing just keeps banging on
>No, if I want to talk politics, I go to P&L.
The whole "automated ignore process" has fostered and acted as a catalyst to some major recent political shifts.
Today's political landscape would not exist without various methods to foster automated ignore processes that today's communication methods have as part of their advertised features.
"You do not have to acknowledge things that make you feel uncomfortable"
>Plus, I don't rage against irrelevant things in unrelated places. I was just entertaining her bs.
Ah yeah... except it is not BS...
I really wish it was.
I really wish the ignore features worked as advertised.
Hey, first off, don't walk up to people and be all, "hey crazy tits, stop being such a lunatic" (which... is what "calm down" means... and is why people generally freak out when you ask them to calm down... ever notice that?)
Second... who the **** is Just Janet 1.0... *googles*... I am not advertising wine tasting and eating fine food... are... are you accusing me of being drunk?
I thought that might have been a "why are women past a certain age limit feminists" type crack that is often said by girls below that age limit (beyond that age limit, you will understand why--if you do not already)... and was already preparing...
... but a cake tasting website... o.o;
What? Okay... that... well played... well played. You get a thumbs up.
I don't use the script though, I'm mostly just observing what's happening. I bet you think that's ridiculous too.
Why exactly do you even come onto the forums? What purpose do...
I mean... even for the helpful stuff... it just means you stay out of GD. Which... is actually rather easy.
>I use the script, and I guarantee you that the 3 who are held within its confines earned their place.
>If you're crying because you haven't earned your spot yet, you're going to have to put in a good
>few weeks of hard work being an idiot.
Sounds like you do not even care for proof.
It also sounds like you will ignore anything I do that does not already proof your world views.
Are you certain you requires an automated script for something you seem able to do already with your mental filters?
>I reserve my right to ignore people -
You do not have a right to ignore people. There has never been a RIGHT to ignore somebody.
You have a privilege to ignore people... but not a right.
I mean... shit... what kind of self-deluded person are you?
>it doesn't make me weak to not have to read something,
>the script simply automates me literally not having to read it.
Maybe my fondness for John Carpenter movies has robbed my ability to function in the modern day world.
I am well aware that randomly stating "Long live the new flesh" in crowds only seems to get me weird looks from people... and a couple people telling me I am awesome.
>The forums are very much alive - this was just difficult to see under the mountain of excrement.
Eh... I've found the stuff that people talk about not being excrement are... well shit threats.
I've just assumed people have different things they enjoy and like.
This is part of how I continue to function in a world where people put pineapple on pizza.
I wonder if I could have an ignore script for the notion of pineapple on pizza... and if anybody goes around ti just be all, "NO! NO! YOU ARE ON MY IGNORE SCRIPT NOW! I DO NOT WANT TO KNOW OF PEOPLE PUTTING PINEAPPLE ON PIZZA!"
OH... I don't think of you as weak... I think of you as naive and immature.
Some people are making arguments that indicate they have some thoughts on the matter... and I am addressing and responding to them like they are logical functional people.
Which is possibly me doing a flawed strategy on my behalf... but I lack a better one. So this flawed strategy it is.
Ugh, not another one.
The script is about to become 1 ID longer.
Naw... I just did not expect too many people to defend the script and not actually use it.
I had grown accustom to having to argue with mostly immature people about it. In this case immature by Plato's standards. The whole "The mark of an immature mind is the inability to consider a notion for fear you might agree with it" thing... that I cannot remember what people usually translate it as.
... because... I'm not kissing your ass and not agreeing with every idea you come up with?
Because when you point out that you are ignoring people for just disagreeing with your viewpoints on the matter... it actually puts the ignore script into more of a problematic category.
Though... it is nice to confirm that there are people who just put anybody who disagrees with them onto their ignore list. As now I can actually use that as a talking point regarding why the script is problematic.
>I reserve my right to ignore people -
You do not have a right to ignore people. There has never been a RIGHT to ignore somebody.
Really? It's a feature of biology to ignore things. It has numerous medical uses but more importantly is one of the very few things that cannot be taken away from us..
I didnt even comment on this thread about anything since that comment, and you automatically think that I actually made view points?
Im putting you on my ignore list since you seem like a retard.
Whats that dear?thats nice dear
Psst
Go away
That isn't fixing the problem in this case, it just leads to more torment for the rest of us
Whats that dear?thats nice dear