Ok so Torn is a text rpg game basically. No fancy graphics or anything, why do people play on PC then?
Pc?
Started by Sgtcole [1996434] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 68 / 68 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 68
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 60 / 100
- Historical score
- 38 / 100
- Story score
- 62 / 100
- Engagement score
- 75 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
Ok so Torn is a text rpg game basically. No fancy graphics or anything, why do people play on PC then?
Because its easier than trying to play it on a potato.
How?
Its a bigger screen, you can maneuver around the site easier. Personally, its a better experience.
The **** kinda question is that?
Its obviously easier to play on pc
What are you playing it on OP...just out of interest?
I prefer mobile, been used to it and convenient if just need to log on train and off .
An IPad. Just changed it to use desktop mode instead of mobile mode. TBH desktop mode is better than mobile mode
Because i don't have a smartphone :'(
I mean, you literally just answered your own question.
Exactly lol
I have a dumbphone
I'm now a little confused
Cause PC-Masterrace.
I use ctrl + number keys to switch between tabs faster. In wars it's essential to have a tab on items, a tab on enemy faction(s), a tab on enemies you're sitting, loads of other ideas. You can't play that efficiently on a mobile device.
Using ctrl combinations is the best. Ctrl + L, ctrl + W, etc...
I pretty much only play on mobile, PC is much easier. The topbar on mobile is vastly inferior to the sidebar (and in my opinion also inferior to previous topbar designs). You can do things via multiple tabs easier on a PC, chaining is infinitely easier on a PC as you can see all perspectives when attacking and get to pages faster. Scrolling is easier on PC and if you're trying to use the chatboxes at the same time on mobile whilst trying to play... forget about it... this goes for mobile and desktop view when on a small screen.
I heard that in the old days the game was played by snail mail correspondence. That was before Ched bought the game from Jeffrey Torn.
I began reading this thread with a dry keyboard.
It's now soaking wet with dribble due to how stupid I now feel...
Fanks...
When I meant desktop mode I meant the little icon on top. You can go on desktop mode while on mobile