I wonder if Ive ran into any of you there yet....
About this thread
Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 6
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 3
- Likes on archived posts
- 5
- Authority score
- 21 / 100
- Historical score
- 12 / 100
- Story score
- 28 / 100
- Engagement score
- 44 / 100
I wonder if Ive ran into any of you there yet....
Are you the one that grabbed my ass? Went looking for you in the crowd, but couldn't catch up to you.
It would be more like a "flipper slap" than a "grab" from a sealion.....but that would make me search and chase too ;)
Would love to hear more about it.
I'm old, don't now alot of the lineup.
David Byrne? Wow. That takes me back a few years.
It was fun.
I won two $500 3 day tickets so 1k there.
I used to live in the area so I had friends lend their house free and they were out of town. In the country club with a pool neighbors were renting theirs for 5K....
I spent $30 in gas round trip from LA, $250 at target on groceries beer, another $300+ in the festival in drinks and a few snacks. Two $75 shuttle passes. A few drunken Uber trips.
So basically it was a $6,000+ experience I had for under $1,000.
So ****ing hot outside... It was over 100! No shade, no ACs. Well there are the dance clubs indoor but it gets hot dancing in the crowd, but I had the most fun in these smaller clubs. 3 main stages and 4-5 dance clubs, 4-5 big art exhibits. A few beer/alcohol gardens alcohol is limited too. Have to sneak in any extra liquor or drugs (plenty of people were smoking weed or tripping balls). They have metal detectors and pat downs.
Really all I wanted to see in the whole lineup was Kygo, Portugal the Man, and Eminem. Anyone else was extra. Taking the shuttle I would always leave towards the beginning or middle of the final musicians set (The Weeekend, Beyonce, Eminem). My friends stayed for the whole show and would not get home until 4AM or after!!! I would leave at 11:45/12 and get home in 30 minutes or so. lol. So not worth seeing the final acts at all.
Portugal the Man was a disappointment. Played three songs to open that were not theirs... Metallica, Pink Floyd, Beattles. Closed off with 4-5 of their songs thankfully.
Kygo was awesome and had a lot of energy and guests. RIP Avicii.
Post Malone was cool. Cardi B had a good energy too.
Like you can't go wrong seeing so many artists, but you can with how expensive the weekend is for everyone. Prices are too high for what it is to me.
TL;DR Saw a lot of artists I don't even know and danced a lot while drunk. Too expensive but good memory.
Aye, Coachella is a huge festival which means $$$. So I'm glad you had ways to cut your cost down. And super glad everyone is safe!
You would think a few in that lineup would try to include some sort of Avicii tribute. I checked PtM's setlist to see what covers they were. The Beatles - I Want You (She's So Heavy) has one of my all time favorite tempo change/breaks so hopefully that was pretty bad ass.
Hangout Music Fest here coming soon. Literally ON the public beach so alot of slogging thru sand to switch stages. We went the first 2 years, but getting a bit old for that much of a commitment.