Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Arrest merits

Started by DaneKeeper [2107070] on in Questions & Answers.

14 replies · 223 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
15
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
10
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
64 / 100
Historical score
19 / 100
Story score
33 / 100
Engagement score
58 / 100

Most-liked replies

Kayla [2031661]

It's possible, but I'm not sure since to arrest people you need to be part of one specific player owned company, which separates it from all other merits. They plan to release a new honor each week, so we'll have to wait and see.
McDallas [14757]

 

I'd like that, and would appreciate yours and others support towards getting my suggestion about this viewed and considered by Ched.

It's unlikely that one company alone would receive the option for merits, but maybe we can find a middle ground since it's an attack function that adds something new to the game. As someone who arrests weekly, I've come to realise that many Torn players don't know of this option or where it comes from. Seems a pity to invest in creating arrests and not further push it as a potential game path. 

Please help get this suggestion to 100: https://www.torn.com/forums.php#!p=threads&f=4&t=16042810&b=0&a=0

 

Mentions: Arrests

DaneKeeper [2107070]

Then let there be more merits for each company that has a special ability. We have merits for everything else. Am I mistaken by saying that there is a merit for stealing medical items and do you not have to work in the medical field to steal said items. Do you not have to be in the army to be able to spy, there's a merit for that as well. Nonetheless, we should be able to be able to receive a merits for arresting. 
Tarelli [1060371]

Only spys from army count and yes you do need to be in a medical job to steal meds.



Please do research before posting crap.



As I said each company would need an available merit. Directors would hate this as staff would only stay x amount of time.
Bug [1455582] Committee Committee

Player run companies are very different from city jobs. There are merits for city jobs, but so far none for companies. They may might add this, but if they do I doubt it'll come alone as it'll likely be released with many other company merits.
Cryptic [2059197]

What is the highest cash reward you've gotten for arresting someone so far? Is it random how much you get? I'd say attack me again sometime in the near future and arrest me again so we can find out for sure if you don't know. I'd expect you to get higher than the last time you arrested me. though I will admit I don't know that for sure. 
McDallas [14757]

My highest was 3.8m in the very beginning. Then anywhere between 10k-900k with the majority being around 100k. 

It's based on the $ value of crimes done between jail. I receive x% of the persons gains.

I arrested you during a chain at the weekend which means you won't have much built up. I don't have your log but all my arrests this weekend were in the range described.

Organised crimes don't count.
Cryptic [2059197]

Yea, I'd say it's been a while since I was jailed... Definitely puts it down a bit of the value for me in terms of a special. But it does mean every so often it'd be worth hitting people who do only safe crimes...
McDallas [14757]

Yeah, so I jailed you on one of the weekend days via arrests so it would be at least a week before I'd try again.

Really only people who do safe crimes MIGHT be worth 25e. It's a bummer it's not more lucrative to do arrests and would love if Ched increased the winnings.

We'll see if it's better with 10* where you can generate a list for 25 jp of those with warrants. Playing the guessing game is not so worth it right now.
Cryptic [2059197]

Makes sense, especially considering that is fairly common that I do safe crimes online lol. Does busting mess it up if it's a red bust?

Doing it blind kinda is okay though if you know the mug isn't worth it.
Cryptic [2059197]

Honestly that is the last time I was jailed, a failed bust. I didn't note when it exactly happened for you to work out an approximation of the value of my crimes but besides the bust I haven't been in jail since 25nnb.