Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Scam sympathy thread

Started by tenatic [1778149] on in General Discussion.

18 replies · 487 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 19 / 19 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
19
Discussion span
→
People posting
15
Likes on archived posts
42
Authority score
37 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
55 / 100
Engagement score
64 / 100

Most-liked replies

tenatic [1778149]

Hi guys, so I just got scammed 100,000,000 from a trade unchecked. It hurts, but it's part of the game so it's just a lesson learned. Got inspired to create a thread to house the mishaps we all went through from scams. Feel free to share your embarrassing scam experience! (Warning: up to you if you will add the name of the scammer)
manic [1554958]

Apart from being scammed of time and brain cells with the shite that's on these threads I can safely say no...  I've never been stupid enough to fall for a scam.


2106105 [2106105]

Oh yh he does! I asked to buy edvds and he kindly offered me dvd players instead in the trade! What a gent! How else am I gonna watch them. Hes so thoughtful of these things.

My only gripe is that his asking price was as much as the edvds themselves. So I had to kindly decline, which upset him just a bit.

I can only assume the dvd players are counterfeit or stolen, and are very risky to get past customs wherever he resides.
heresy23 [949810]

hey, I’m sure he knew how much you we wanted DVD players instead of edvds!.  I know I really want DVD players worth nothing ,but for some reason I keep asking for edvds...it’s wierd.....lol