Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Bad bookie

Started by Kapten_Klitoris [1873683] on in Bugs & Issues.

17 replies · 308 views · thread synced · 7 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
18
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
69
Authority score
38 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
51 / 100
Engagement score
67 / 100

Most-liked replies

OSA [2033210]

So you bet knowing there was an error in hope that you would win but if you lost knowing there was a chance of a refund,possible 0 risk bet,if that’s not some sort of bug abuse then I don’t know what is.
Hildegarde [2050558]

Or he isn't a dumbass and noticed immediately that the bet had two ****ing horses with identical names in the first 3 lines like any human being with two functioning eyes did, bet on it anyway for the exact reason the bet was faulty and he knew he could ask for a refund in case he lost, while keeping the cash in case he won.
Hildegarde [2050558]

I completely agree with you. Sadly enough, people got fed warning in the past for abusing post facto bookie situations, which KK clearly is doing right now.

I don't care who gets what, I care that the rules are enforced in the same way for everyone. The notion of KK "not seeing" that the bet was bugged/faulty is pure bullshit; he bet knowing that he could ask for a refund because the bet was faulty.

Which is THE DEFINITION of abusing a bug.
Kapten_Klitoris [1873683]

Unlucky race, would have been removed anyhow even if I didnt report it afterwards, noticed it when I got home to check my results of the day.

But lets chant #FedKK sounds way more fun 
Hildegarde [2050558]

I'm not chanting anything in all fairness, this is not a personal attack and we'd be having this post with anyone that did what you did.

I simply find it insanely hard to believe that you bet on it without noticing it was faulty since pretty much everyone else did.

I just feel that this type of behavior being dismissed will simply open the usual bad precedent and believe me, the headaches it will cause to staff are far worse than this post.

It means that anyone can bet on a badly input/faulty bet and take an easy stab at free money. In case he wins, say nothing; in case you lose, make a post and get refunded. Which is what you did.

I guess I made my point, no need to ramble on about it. In the meantime, keep being the successful player that you are KK :)

 
Icydraft [2031301]

Let's just assume KK wins that bet.

I'm sure there would be others who would've lost the bet and filed the bug report (for example, Blistig, in this case).

Seems unlikely that anyone can cash in from a faulty bet, provided if someone (who loses the bet) always files a report ;)
Blistig [1553363]

I think the issue here is that he blatantly says he made the report because he lost. I actually didnt bet on the race at all, because I had reported it as having an error, was just me trolling KK.