Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Stealth virus crime

Started by Quintec [2110358] on in Questions & Answers.

20 replies · 439 views · thread synced · 15 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 21 / 21 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
21
Discussion span
→
Authority score
60 / 100
Historical score
22 / 100
Story score
37 / 100
Engagement score
64 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Quintec [2110358]

Following this guide: https://www.torn.com/wiki/Nash%27s_Guide_to_Nerve_Bar 

I have hit my 25 NNB(and have done about 350 extra armed robberies after, resulting in 2500 theft crimes) and have 5 merits in crime success. I don't have an ergonomic keyboard yet. I've failed this crime about 20 times. What is the failure/success rate I can expect for this crime? I know the guide said you would fail A LOT, but I don't know if that should be 30, or 50, or 100 times per success, and I'm not sure if the guide is just outdated and I should be waiting a lot longer before doing stealth virus... any thoughts?
Yeret [1859926]

When I started doing Stealth virus, I had 40 natural nerve and an Ergonomic Keyboard. After hitting the 10,000 mark, I would say that my overall success rate was somewhere around 60%. Yeah, you better get used to seeing that blue text (just wait until you dump an entire nerve bar on it and fail every single one). I suppose this is the trade off since you can't actually lose crime experience on this crime.
SeaLion [250755]

I think I would have 25-30K warehouses which I would imagine is better than the stealth viruses. I did 10,000 of them and I don’t think it’s really a noticeable improvement to my CE. Especially after all of those fails. They never stop even with ergonomic keyboard and max merits. I don’t think viruses coded helps either.
Korin [2106899] Wiki Contributor

From what I understand it's about 1/3rd successes when you start (i.e. with 25 NNB, Ergonomic Keyboard, and some crime merits). I don't have any crime merits, so I ended up sticking with Thorough Robbery until 30 NNB (which took under a month without any bonuses) and now I get about 70% success rate (although my sample size is still only around 100).
Rosie [1185614]

..Were you doing Stealth Virus only?... 

...I would skip them and do 4 nerve steal jackets until you hit 30nnb, then go straight to Warehouse Arson... :)
dunmugmeh [538353]

Do NOT try stealth virus with a low nerve bar.

Even with a 60 nerve bar it is 50 % blue/green.

If all you are getting is blues then your nerve bar is far too low.
Badboy [2108422]

Intelligence plays a big role in virus crimes. If it is low then you should do something else. I'm having about 80% success with 25 nnb and 6k int.
Michi [1922819]

Stealth virus is more of a crime to do when you're tired of doing arsons and want some merits. As said above, do some more jackets and try to get all you need to start doing warehouse arsons then you can come back to it. Also at 60nnb I would say the success rate isn't THAT bad but at any nnb it just depends how your perks are.
dunmugmeh [538353]

I did 10000 stealth virus crimes with a 60 nerve bar and well over 100k intelligence and the success rate was 50-60% it wasnt 80%.

See how you do if you keep clicking it :P
Delta [2049998]

I think it also depends on faction criminality which could be the reason for the varied percentages of success people are talking about.

My faction reset a large portion of criminality while I was doing stealth viruses and it looked like success went from around 75% to 60%
Adamantium [1896181] Wiki Contributor

I agree with many repliers here.

I skipped it altogether as I haven't completed the EDU to increase the success rate when I tried to get to 60NNB, so I got 60NNB without virus crimes and lower amount of merits spent in CSR.

Best of Luck whichever path you choose.. =)
Broery [2092837]

buy ergonomic keyboard, you'll be fine. i did exactly that guide said and rarely got jailed.

if you want to get more nnb just skip the red crime, crime merits is time consuming lol
Wongdai [2125473]

I tried for yonks to do the stealth virus but never succeeded.  So I just keep stealing jackets.  Just yesterday morning I succeeded for the first time doing the stealth virus and all yesterday and today have not failed once.  My nnb is 25.  I had to steal about 3500 jackets in all.

 Edit: I forgot to mention I have the ergo keyboard