Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

520 Errors

Started by Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor on in Bugs & Issues.

64 replies · 605 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 65 / 65 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

oraN [1778676]

Beginning of the weeks ? ahhh it might be location based or something. The errors for me started just today morning, whereas for the last 2 weeks nothing happened. I'm in ME
Tyrion [1967379]

Alot of European folks, in my country or nearby seem to be affected more indeed, but that doesn't make any sense to me

 
Tyrion [1967379]

wow ok, I really hope you can get to the bottom of this, because the lag and errors are really up to a point that realtime interaction like chaining is impossible atm
Tyrion [1967379]

Around 30 secs for a single crime to be finished once clicked...

Happy times :/

While attempting to post this, my page went to 504, refreshed automatically, then 520 and refreshed and it's back now, without being posted...

tried again, 502

3rd attempt now...
oraN [1778676]

Its a Free VPN which only works in my country cause all others are banned. in short it changes your IP address.
Tyrion [1967379]

ah ok, so this issue seems to target certain ip ranges then

I'm not that technical, but at a total loss atm how it could affect Torn in this way for me and others here right now

Edit: Could this be related to that DDOS protection site, Cloudfare?
Tyrion [1967379]

Yeah, the lag comes and goes for me too

At times it's at normal speed again, only to slow the hell down combined with loads of different 500 errors
oraN [1778676]

I really have no more idea on how the "Attacker" might be targeting Torn only for some countries or even if there is an attacker... issues like these could be a bad script in the server.

I have tested Hotspot Shield, it does Fix the issue, basically you have download it and click on the connect button.(add profiles and shit if you're on iOS) and any browser and Torn should work fine as long as you got the VPN On.

I have Cloudflare on in Cpanel on some of my clients sites(because my host is closely linked with them), Cloudflare does improve protection and on a stress test(wasn't a DDOS) on one of the Site (had CF enabled) I noticed my IP was shadow banned I had a similar experience to what torn experiences right now.

 
Harley [258120] Wiki Contributor

It most likely is, as these are all cloudflare specific errors, and they're only happening around specific cloudflare nodes :P But I'm sure they're already aware of that
McLaurens [1324531]

Can i add in here that i am getting 520 error and a nearly unresponsive Torn-site. Pages take about 10 seconds to load, or end up in a 520. 

I am also located in the Netherlands and i'm using Chrome, latest version.
Pops [1025410]

also experiencing issues, traceroute doesn't have any particularly laggy hops and ping tests to torn are fine - yet the site is laggy and slow. not sure why. 
Afterlife [1878832]

Error 504 .. 


 

one tab had a 502 error and the other had a 504. This has been going on everyday since before the Elimination started. Doesn't matter if I only use Google and it doesn't matter if I'm on my Android phone, Windows 7 on the PC or Windows 10 on the laptop.

 

I just had another 504 while typing this.