Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Need Help

Started by Corder799 [2023029] on in Questions & Answers.

17 replies · 356 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 18 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
18
Discussion span
→
People posting
13
Likes on archived posts
68
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
64 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
40 / 100
Engagement score
66 / 100

Most-liked replies

Corder799 [2023029]

Just started a property business and need help. How do you start making money and plus could use some employees. 
BeerDrinker [2140025]

You sell the company back to the game and join another player-run company to help with stats!

Make some money flying

If you want a company, get some business education first my intrepid field mousey!

 
Mr-Anarchy [2156063]

Read Baldr's guide properly, it says that you shouldn't start a company without having education in business and also says that starting one is a waste of time, you should buy one instead. You should probably just sell it and spend time making money and getting ur ed for business done if u want to run a company.

Also put this in Questions n Answers next time
Wollongong [12833]

It is usually a good idea to follow these steps:

1) sit down and think of a business plan

2) Sit down and re-think that business plan

3) Start the business.

You've done 3, but forgot the vital steps 1 and 2...

 
hemi [2165616]

What everyone said is correct - 

I started a mechanic shop and realized that even if you do everything correctly and everyone is effective and making profit, it still takes about a year to get 10* simply because to get each star you need a certain total profit amount...which takes time. 

The only people willing to join my company were doing so because I offered to pay them 500k/daily just so I can have people with higher stats. I was losing 5M+ a day (with marketing) even with the company at 100% efficiency and environment.

I wanted the perks more than the profit so long story short I dumped it and bought a 10* mechanic shop, and now my people dont require that much money because the benefits are outrageous. Think about why youre going into the business and if it's money you seek or benefits, or the satisfaction of building something from the ground up. If youre looking for a ridiculous profit within a company, invest the money into a 10* company and run it from there. Otherwise it will take ages to get the stars and you'll get frustrated (what happened to me). 

In my opinion for someone your level a company is not the best option for making profit, so do what ^ people said and travel, re-sell, etc. And also as a director of a low star company you're not going to get like ANY work stats, so dump it and quit and do one of the TORN fields or get a job somewhere where they will train you. 
Tyrion [1967379]

Exactly like others stated already, don't start your own business or even your own faction at a young age yet.

Having the right educations takes time, in which you can improve your workstats and battlestats as well, for best efficiency in both.

Besides mere stats, you'll have more experience with ingame mechanics too.

Edit: and you'll need alot of cash as well.
HavokGDI [133687] Moderator Official

Moved to questions (Could move to company discussions but for visibility questions for now.) 

 

As someone stated above, there is a lot of good information posted here. Take a gander and you should be good.
HavokGDI [133687] Moderator Official

Kids man, what can I say. I get distracted when my daughter walks up and says "Look! I made a mess daddy!!!" all happy like...
Kayla [2031661]

If you want money sell the company. Bringing a new company to a state where running it is profitable will cost you a lot more money than you can make. It's a costly investment, not quick and easy cash.
Riot [974353]

Sort yourself financially first, make sur you can fully support yourself before you bother running a business. I have nearly 12b networth and I still wouldn't consider running a company. One day I will, but not yet