17 replies · 80 views · thread synced · 5 days ago
· View on torn.com
About this thread
Posts archived:19 / 18 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
Archived posts
19
Discussion span
→
People posting
6
Likes on archived posts
4
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
57 / 100
Historical score
32 / 100
Story score
40 / 100
Engagement score
53 / 100
Most-liked replies
aurel1[1046304]Admin
· 1 likes · All this flaws will be fixed in new poker engine. We usually refund wrong splits and sometimes the cases, when someone re-raised and abused the bug.
I was on the button and so had the last turn on a big pot. Other player was meant to go first, but I was forced to go first. This disrupted the action, as I was going to raise his check. Instead, I got check raised and he folded. happend at 18:24.
Table details: Name: Mr_Wolfs game ID: 204752 Owner: 1544514 Stakes: $500000 Players: 8/8 Spectators: 26 Bet limit: OFF Minimum money: $25000000 Maximum money: $9999999999 Password: OFF Minimum level: 1 Tournament mode: OFF
It shouldn't have been marked as confirmed.This version of poker has always had this bug, and many other bugs, which is why a new version is being built. This won't be rectified.
Yeah general staff just check to see if you have the Table ID etc then confirm it, it doesn’t mean aurel1 will fix it, in this case he’d have to remove from the winner, and that would hardly be fair. You just need to understand current poker sucks big time. Wait for 2.0 if you can’t accept that.
Position is screwed up in every hand, it is just a fundamental flaw with the client. They can't return the money for it, they would have to reverse the outcome of every single hand played, in which case they may as well just remove poker. Players play this version at their own risk of this particular 'feature'. As lewiss said, bad split bugs can be reported and reversed - as can raising-after-timeout bugs.
In this particular hand, I believe that the position was fine on every round of betting, up until the river where it switched around. I am only highlighing that error. I believe that other individual cases should also be reported.
I had no idea that it could be this bugged, perhaps instead of telling players that they should 'play at their own risk because its so buggy' after they lose money, they should be told before they play?
Only they (and im assuming mods) can know that for sure. But by his previous behaviour (betting pre-flop, checking to turn and shoving when position switches) im guessing he did not have the nuts. Not sure enough to gamble on it, hence the fold.
Like I said, it is a fundamental flaw with the current client. 'Individual cases' by definition represent 100% of the hands. Even if it doesn't show it, because of how the hand plays out, position is ALWAYS bugged and therefore if you set a precedent of reversing a hand like this you have to reverse ALL hands.