So I have really been digging this band lately. They are a lot like the old school rock bands of the late 60's and into the 70's. My favorite song from them is Open My Eyes. Anyone else enjoy this band? I would also say that they are very similar to Wolfmother.
Rival Sons
Started by TooSlowJoe [2196340] on in Music.
About this thread
Posts archived: 7 / 7 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 7
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 4
- Likes on archived posts
- 8
- Authority score
- 6 / 100
- Historical score
- 14 / 100
- Story score
- 28 / 100
- Engagement score
- 43 / 100
So I have really been digging this band lately. They are a lot like the old school rock bands of the late 60's and into the 70's. My favorite song from them is Open My Eyes. Anyone else enjoy this band? I would also say that they are very similar to Wolfmother.
That is a pretty nice band. You are spot on with comparing it to the late sixties/ early seventies. Rival Sons nails that style completely. However, I have not listened to any Wolfmother songs though, but I'll give them a listen some time.
I don't know much of their music but I've liked what I've heard.
Yeah man I agree with the Wolfmother comparison but I would say that Wolfmother is a lot more technical on guitar.
Wolfmother is pretty solid. You should check them out as well. They are a little older. Came out during the Jackass era lol. If you watched Jackass you probably heard some of their music. Also, I think Joker and the Thief is played during the blackjack scene in The Hangover.
I will totally check it out. I think you might the album Aqualung by Jethro Tull if you haven't listened to it yet. Also the albums Days of Future Passed by the Moody Blues and Cheap Thrills by Big Brother and the Holding Company are good listens.
Hell yea! I love all of those. Aqualung is CLASSIC!