Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Violent if Necessary statement

Started by Megaloxantha [1980069] on in Faction Discussion.

85 replies · 2.02k views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 86 / 86 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
86
Discussion span
→
Authority score
54 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
64 / 100
Engagement score
80 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Mentioned in this thread

The_Boss [1497907] ×1 Megaloxantha [1980069] ×1

Megaloxantha [1980069]
Hello, everyone.

In the light of recent events and some speculations made in the newspaper, I feel obliged to clarify few things regarding ViN`s position in this war. Please turn a blind eye at my grammar errors as I`m not native English speaker.

To understand our situation, we need to start from the beginning. We declared neutrality with intention of passing anyone through our territories, no matter the alliance. For some time it worked quite well. First we passed FTW, then two factions from PT. The day shit hit the fun I was travelling when I was contacted by PT-Family Leadership to let one of their factions second time this day. If I were in Torn, I would let them instantly and things would probably end completely different. I told them "OK, I`ll do it when I`m back in 1h".

But then I was contacted by Insurgence representative asking us to NOT let PT-F go through us. They somehow knew about number of time we let everyone go and informed us, that letting TUN third time would be considered as choosing side. We landed between anvil and hammer. So we decided to make an opposite to our previous declaration - we informed both Insurgency and TUN that we won`t let anyone anymore. We asked PT-F to find another route knowing that it may end in assault.

Of course it ended in assault. PTF couldn`t waste time and we were OK with that. We had no intention of joining the wall, they would just go though. But they kept hosping our people outside the wall, even when I asked them to stop.

"This was your decision, not ours." Oh, really? Rejecting our plea was mistake that cost PT-F 3 more days. We didn`t stand any chance, but decide to give them lesson of good manners. No one will overuse our hospitality without consequences, so we decided to block their progress by attacking their territories while they took ours one by one. I don`t think they expected that, because it went from threats ("Hope the wolves in S7 chew you guys up"), to apology and few NAP proposals. We went with our own terms covering resource expenses, but they were rejected.

Note that no guest joined us during that event. We were 30, maybe 40 active members against at least 2 PT factions and friends. We knew we would be wiped, but stood our ground anyways, because we expect mutual respect, that`s all.

So who is winner here? I think no one. Both sides made mistakes and paid for them. We lost territories and great deal of resources, while PT lost time and nerves.

We want to apologize all the ViN members for getting us into that mess. You did awesome, Your bravery and commitment make us feel proud of being part of our little family. You guys rock!

We want also apologize many members of PT, because You`re nice people and we shouldn`t fight each other. But we can`t let anyone treat us like crap. We`ve been accused of hiding information about this struggle, but on the other hand, were You informed on what`s really going on? We at least know what we were fighting for and You may be just used, especially younger members brought solely to fill walls.

Last, but not least, we want to apologize all people misguided by newspapaper article and words of so-called "anonymous informant". Yes, we want to get a Dirty Bomb, we don`t mean to aim it on anyone, neither PT, nor IBB (where the heck did Sugarvalves take it from? We didn`t even have any contact with Itsi Bitsi Bikinis). It`s just a countermeausure against being attacked in the future.

Thanks for reading that wall of text. TL:DR: Don`t trust everything You`ll find in the press :)

Have a great day everyone.
ItsHotshot [2189331]
"MissMadness says: We will NAP but on our terms.We want an NAP for 180 days and all our territory back.And because of our heavy losses my team had some demands: $1B, 1k morphine and 100 taurine cans"

Your nap terms were ridiculous and aside from a few morphines used, you in no way attempted to cover "resource expenses". Just two greedy leaders attempting to profit while their members sat in hospital.

Thanks for wasting valuable time and actual resources. Couldn't have put it better myself:

Hope the wolves in S7 chew you guys up
ElChapo [2157516]
Bottom line - you had fun, played as a team and that's what the game is about. Continue to grow and do what you gotta do! :)
Beer_Bear [42111]
From my perspective as a lowly fighter I can say I do commend the efforts ViN put up in a fight they had 0 hope of winning. Their leaders especially donco fought CONSTANTLY with every bit of energy he must have acquired in that time. Personally I know that on many an occasion we were told and I told others not to attack ViN unless it was a retal or to clear the wall. The reality is that members have been going from faction to faction and instructions may be lost in the transition time if a newsletter was sent during that time. We also have some younger/newer members who must have seen this as an opportunity to finally fight against people they had any hopes of beating. This doesn't excuse the situation that ensued but I can assure you PT had no malice towards ViN. Sad end to a minor disagreement that could've been fixed off the battlefield. Just goes to show that this war will affect a lot more of torn than most people realize. Every decision made by the leaders and council of both alliances affects EVERYONE
Prezze [2121612]
How do you know what the expenses are in a smaller faction that tries?

as an occassional trader who works too often with numbers:

* Each attack = 25 e = 2m 
* Meds = bloodbags, morphine, small first aid kits, first aid kits
* xanax = 840k each
* revives = 1m each (adds up  fast)
* bountying people who are too high in stats to take down or to conserve e. Depending on the stats of the player = 100k-2,5m each bounty.

But yes we didn't spend resources on hiring mercs or even getting wallhoppers like some factions do.

We knew from the start we would lose, but instead we decided to try all we could to our best. We have to honor the faction name. And if we would have said just go ahead, most likely it would be known aswell and someone else would have come for us.

On a sidenote we voted for the terms, i voted against this NAP proposal cause to me it was showing for a bit of cash we would back down.

Altough all in all as a noob it was fun though of being hit with a gold AK and it did learn me a new aspect of the game.
Megaloxantha [1980069]
May I remind You our little chat?

"The_Boss: May we NAP so both our factions can go our own ways.
Megaloxantha: Not gonna happen. You should have thought about that when I asked You to spare people outside wall. We wouldn`t interfere, but You decided otherwise.
Megaloxantha: You brought that on Yourself. Wanted to spare time at our expense, so enjoy our company for few more days :)
The_Boss: LOL
The_Boss: Thx f**k, S7 would be faster
Megaloxantha: Do You really think we`re afraid of S7? You should be proud - two strong factions attacking neutral, unprepared 80th faction :) GG :)
"

Mentions: Megaloxantha [1980069] · The_Boss [1497907]

Josephine [1923258] Wiki Contributor
Dude, I have nothing against us. Trip, Donco, etc. were absolutely chill in the chats we had. They seem like good people who just got dragged into a mess.

I had more fun fighting you and Trip's bounties than I have had in most of this entire wall, because you actually made me laugh.

TripSpackler: it could be anybody!
Josephine: ;)
TripSpackler: everyone thinks it's me.
TripSpackler: it can't always be me
TripSpackler: I mean, maybe
Josephine: Who knows :0 It's a mystery! :P
TripSpackler: it's a mystery! my point exactly

Someone has placed 2 bounties on you with rewards of $1,100,000 and the reason: my secret crush 2019/03/03 4:16:09 AM
Someone has placed a bounty on you with a reward of $1,000,000 and the reason: $75K is insulting 2019/03/03 4:56:36 AM
Someone has placed a bounty on you with a reward of $1,000,000 and the reason: I think I love you? 2019/03/03 4:44:02 AM
Someone has placed 6 bounties on you with rewards of $75,000 and the reason: Shes not nice 2019/03/03 4:43:43 AM

This guy was ****ing amazing, made me laugh in the middle of a war and in otherwise dire circumstances. Thanks for the defends and the friendly-ish chats.

With that said, tell your not-so-nice members to chill too. Respect goes both ways. As far as I'm aware I never treated you like crap, but I had a member of yours saying to me we were the c word and basically calling me it. Never seen him before, never seen him after, and I know you can't control all your members, but the only thing that bothered me about this war was this completely random guy showing up shit-talking in my events. Like, excuse me who is this??? That was what got me into more clearing and claiming retals near the end.

But other than that - it was a shame. You seem like decent people. Wish you the best.
Josephine [1923258] Wiki Contributor
Wasn't talking about you, you're a good meme

You'll grow up to be great. :)

Edit: wtf editor doesn't let me do heart emoji
Prezze [2121612]
I had fun fighting with your younger members aswell, but can you big levels next time don't hit in the groin. Being hit in the arm or hand already hurts enough 
Megaloxantha [1980069]
I`m sorry in the name of my people. We kept repeating them to stay calm and civil, but it`s hard to control them and emotions while it`s boiling everywhere around us.
Hawk [2080065]
Often, honor requires strength. Seems like you were totally honorable in light of the situation.

I think your original post and your history show that too.
Beer_Bear [42111]
HAHAHA lucky for you the only person I think I hit was donco. Otherwise I would have to use kick and you guys don't deserve that disrespect. My kicks HURT!