I am new to the world of virus coding, but one thing I noticed upon starting to work on one is that there is no icon that it is in progress. Similar to education courses, or bank investments, it would be handy to have an icon with a running countdown to indicate the remaining time on the project.
[100+] Virus Coding Icon
Started by Starlord [2200729] on in Suggestions.
About this thread
Posts archived: 52 / 52 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 52
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 54 / 100
- Historical score
- 47 / 100
- Story score
- 54 / 100
- Engagement score
- 73 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Chedburn [1] Admin
· 7 likes ·
During the last batch of icons that were added, Virus icons were discussed. In the end I decided against it as they're not useful enough to warrant appearing for every single player - taking focus away from other icons. Considering … - Chedburn [1] Admin
· 1 likes ·
Why do you need to know your current virus time? There are 8,822 people currently coding viruses, the information that they are coding a virus seems pretty much irrelevant to me since an event is received upon completion.
I think this could be useful. R+ from me.
Thanks Claire. I thought so as well. I appreciate it.
Nice suggestion. I never noticed that.
I am trying to get the 100 virus coded merit and i often loose time when i don't notice that my virus finished.
R++
I am trying to get the 100 virus coded merit and i often loose time when i don't notice that my virus finished.
R++
It sucks not to have an icon yet, right? I mean, the only thing we get in order to know that virus is done is an event notifcation. Not even a top bar like on Education courses. What happens is that I mostly miss that event notification and end forgetting about virus coding., until I turn on my PC again.
Absolutely R+. We have an icon for many things so this would fit right in
R+
Would love another cool icon to beef up my status box
+R
R+
Bump!
Bbuummpp
I was going to upvote until I saw that you get an event notification lmao
a new icon may look cool... so bump
R+ Even though I have done my 100 viruses. While you do get a notification it can be easy to miss if you are in the middle of chaining or something generating a lot of events. Also it would be a handy quick link to the virus page when complete rather that Item > PC/Laptop > Virus coding.
R+ from me
Seeing this post reminded me that I haven't coded one in a while so thanks for the reminder.
Seeing this post reminded me that I haven't coded one in a while so thanks for the reminder.
It would be great if this icon was available to the public. It would make cancellations more fun.
Bump. Just about halfway there!
Please R+ ! Thanks!
R+