Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

[100+] Virus Coding Icon

Started by Starlord [2200729] on in Suggestions.

51 replies · 524 views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com

Posts archived: 52 / 52 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
During the last batch of icons that were added, Virus icons were discussed. In the end I decided against it as they're not useful enough to warrant appearing for every single player - taking focus away from other icons. Considering that these viruses and the laptop / PC will be entirely replaced with a new system at some point, I don't feel a huge demand for this personally.
Riot [974353]
If your negative is you don't want it appearing for every single player, then why not just have it appear when active, like the racing icon, that goes away when not in use.

I don't see the harm in a little floppy disk icon appearing for those currently coding a virus
Chedburn [1] Admin Developer
Why do you need to know your current virus time?

There are 8,822 people currently coding viruses, the information that they are coding a virus seems pretty much irrelevant to me since an event is received upon completion.
Onomotopoeia [2108050]
I dont personally care how long is left on a virus, but sometimes that event gets lost if i'm sleeping and i forget to start again, sometimes it can take a long time before i notice again. Maybe just a runout timer i.e. virus over so for the next 12 hours you get an icon?
Riot [974353]
I have personally never coded a virus. But I can see why people would want one, the same reason I like the racing icon, to remind me if I'm NOT doing a race.

Sometimes you get back from travelling / wake up in the morning and forget to start another race, then you realise you have an icon missing that you are used to seeing.
Starlord [2200729]
Doesn't that kind of logic apply to most things then? Not to go on a tangent here but whats the point of the education timer then? If not to just get an event when it is complete. Or the racing timer?

I guess where it all comes together is as an attempt for activity uniformity. I can understand that if the system is getting an overhaul in the future that you don't see a point in investing any more time improving the current setup. I do appreciate the response.