I'm working on a python logging script and I'm not getting any records earlier than 36 hours ago. How often do the records get purged or how long are records kept?
API Purge
Started by Flamer [2057854] on in API Development.
About this thread
Posts archived: 14 / 14 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 14
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 6
- Likes on archived posts
- 6
- Posts by staff, officers and moderators
- 1
- Authority score
- 72 / 100
- Historical score
- 23 / 100
- Story score
- 33 / 100
- Engagement score
- 57 / 100
Most-liked replies
- DeKleineKobini [2114440] Committee
· 1 likes ·
I don't think it's x time, but more like x records.
Mentioned in this thread
MurderCityDan [2099841] ×1
Records of what?
Logs like chain and armoury shows the most recent event at the bottom.
Logs like chain and armoury shows the most recent event at the bottom.
I don't think it's x time, but more like x records.
Are you waiting for more than 30 seconds in-between requests? If you don't, Torn just lies about it and returns stale data instead of an error.
Getting records of revives. I'm only able to get records up to 36 hours old, but it may be a max number like some one else mentioned.
No more like I wanted to calculate total number of revives that happened 3 days, well now 4, ago. This info is useful though.
As MurderCityDan said above
Logs like chain and armoury show the most recent event at the bottom
to do a full Revive List
https://api.torn.com/faction/?selections=revivesfull&key=YOUKEY
{ TOP OF LIST
"revives": {
"4040": {
"timestamp": 1553699894, = 27/03/2019 15:18:14
"reviver_id": 1008818,
"reviver_faction": 231,
"target_id": 1870951,
"target_faction": 0
},
↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ Scroll Down
↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ Scroll Down
↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
"117169": {
"timestamp": 1557970163, = 16/05/2019 01:29:23
"reviver_id": 936483,
"reviver_faction": 231,
"target_id": 914520,
"target_faction": 6924
}
} BOTTOM OF LIST
}
Logs like chain and armoury show the most recent event at the bottom
to do a full Revive List
https://api.torn.com/faction/?selections=revivesfull&key=YOUKEY
{ TOP OF LIST
"revives": {
"4040": {
"timestamp": 1553699894, = 27/03/2019 15:18:14
"reviver_id": 1008818,
"reviver_faction": 231,
"target_id": 1870951,
"target_faction": 0
},
↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ Scroll Down
↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
↓ ↓ ↓ ↓ Scroll Down
↓ ↓ ↓ ↓
"117169": {
"timestamp": 1557970163, = 16/05/2019 01:29:23
"reviver_id": 936483,
"reviver_faction": 231,
"target_id": 914520,
"target_faction": 6924
}
} BOTTOM OF LIST
}
Mentions: MurderCityDan [2099841] · API Purge
Thanks for the info. I knew this much. My question was how many records is kept or how often do records get purged. I've tested and it seems to be a max total # of records kept.
1557931235 is the oldest timestamp
1558030020 is the newest timestamp
There is no way to get faction revives from a week ago when using the faction url.
1557931235 is the oldest timestamp
1558030020 is the newest timestamp
There is no way to get faction revives from a week ago when using the faction url.
The last 1000 events are shown when doing full logs, i.e. 'revivesfull' 'attacksfull' selections.
I wish I could say how many, at present my RevivesFull shows 46 revives, but my basic Revives is also showing 46 revives
we are not a reviving faction so need someone else with more revives to confirm the size
we are not a reviving faction so need someone else with more revives to confirm the size
Never checked revivesfull, but revives shows last 100 revives.
Edit: I just checked my revivesfull has 164 entries. I haven't done much revives ever since the Revive API is released so it's how many revives I have done ever since the feature is released. So far the sake the consistency I would expect revivesfull to show 1k logs.
Edit: I just checked my revivesfull has 164 entries. I haven't done much revives ever since the Revive API is released so it's how many revives I have done ever since the feature is released. So far the sake the consistency I would expect revivesfull to show 1k logs.
I somehow missed the revivesfull selection key. My revivesfull shows 315 and revives shows 100.
I think we can assume revivesfull is 1k like the others just going to take some time to get there
Indeed. Revives and revivesfull are still brand new selections, need time to build up