App randomly logs me out, I have torn signed in on my chromebook constantly and I only use the app on my phone. I usually get logged out once or twice a day. Doesnt happen when I play only when I open the app after it being closed completely for a while. Never logs out of chromebook. Then the "would you like to log back in" option appears and if i click yes it just says wrong username or password so I have to manually type it in to log in.
Android App logging out
Started by SpOnGeBoB_ [2115065] on in Bugs & Issues.
About this thread
Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 11
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 2
- Likes on archived posts
- 1
- Authority score
- 34 / 100
- Historical score
- 19 / 100
- Story score
- 35 / 100
- Engagement score
- 45 / 100
Update: did a little bit of testing..... and one way to recreate it is to
1. force close the app through settings
2. Reopen the app
3. Click the home button to get away from the error wrong username or password screen
4. You'll be logged out
I dont know if mobile devices automatically close apps completely after a certain amount of time away from an app, but it could be a possible cause.
Note: I didnt clear the cache to the game at all just force closed the app. And also I dont ever force close the app (I only did it to test this)
1. force close the app through settings
2. Reopen the app
3. Click the home button to get away from the error wrong username or password screen
4. You'll be logged out
I dont know if mobile devices automatically close apps completely after a certain amount of time away from an app, but it could be a possible cause.
Note: I didnt clear the cache to the game at all just force closed the app. And also I dont ever force close the app (I only did it to test this)
One other way I found is to clear the cache sometimes it logs me out sometimes it doesn't. Clearing the cache on any other app does not log me out....
Another note: 😂 Samsung does "device maintenance" if you set it up which clears the cache on most apps, which could be why other people are being logged out on their phones fairly often 😊
Another note: 😂 Samsung does "device maintenance" if you set it up which clears the cache on most apps, which could be why other people are being logged out on their phones fairly often 😊
I have confirmed the other report on this:
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=19&t=16102355&b=0&a=0
Thanks.
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=19&t=16102355&b=0&a=0
Thanks.
Mentions: "Error 1: User does not exist." error
That was the report for the error message this report is mainly about the app logging me out all the time.
Is it the actual App logging you out, or just the Browser?
It's the app. I believe it has something to do with the username doesnt exist error.
I have never been logged out on my chromebook or windows pc
I get that screen and then when I click ok it brings me to the error user doesnt exist screen. If I manually enter my email and password it logs in just fine
Well, the underlying issue has been reported in the other thread, I believe.
You will have to log out of the App (hit the bottom right button and then select "Log out", then log back in with the correct details) to fix this issue for you temporarily until Vadim works out a fix.
I will close this one, thanks!
You will have to log out of the App (hit the bottom right button and then select "Log out", then log back in with the correct details) to fix this issue for you temporarily until Vadim works out a fix.
I will close this one, thanks!