Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Busting 101

Started by Ego [2325940] on in Tutorials & Guides.

12 replies · 887 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 13 / 13 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
13
Discussion span
→
People posting
10
Likes on archived posts
34
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
2
Authority score
75 / 100
Historical score
38 / 100
Story score
36 / 100
Engagement score
63 / 100

Most-liked replies

Ego [2325940]
My busting philosophy is this. it may be slightly flawed but it's based off of my experience:

1) Start the day out busting someone that won't immediately land you in the slammer! The cost of each bust is 5 Nerve, that number can be reduced further with Faction Perks (The difficulty of self-busting can also be reduced by 50% through the Bachelor of Law course)

Level 50 RECOMMENDED BUST: Level 1 - 30

Level 40 RECOMMENDED BUST: Level 1 - 25

Level 30 RECOMMENDED BUST: Level 1 - 20

Level 20 RECOMMENDED BUST: Level 1 - 15



2) The recommended time a target should have for busting is around 1hr - 2hr (This time of course is for those that want to play it as safe as possible, Nothing more or you risk getting caught)



3) You're more likely to bust from 2 - 4 people daily (Education/ Faction Perks/ Books/ Company Specials can increase this number)



4) I usually bust within 15 minutes for the first two busts, then I wait about 4 hours for the third bust (This is my current max daily, as I only have a Faction Perk that increases success by 50%)



5) Your Level play a vital role in how successful you are at busting, so I inferred that the higher your Level is, the easier it'll be for you to bust higher levels with more time in jail (Upwards of 30hr).



6) One side note to remember is that busting merits are a really long term goal, you will get frustrated at times when you fail for absolutely no reason, but keep at it and help those criminals out of prison!


7) A more comprehensive and in-depth look at busting:

https://www.torn.com/forums.php#!p=threads&f=61&t=16051375&b=0&a=0



Mentions: Jail, Busting & Bailing

bogie [148747] Admin Staff
Dexterity plays no part in your busting ability. I would recommend doing some more research into this for this guide as whilst I admire the effort a lot of the information here is very misinforming, for example too - there are no educations which reduce bust nerve costs, only faction special, education can reduce self bust costs but not for busting others.
Ego [2325940]
Guess I misremembered the education course. Thanks for letting me know boss. Fixed.

P.S to everyone, any and all edits are welcome, I hadn't really seen a post on busting, so thought I'd share my experience.
Nobody [237547]
Perhaps you could provide some information on mechanics? Is my "Bust score" theory thread in the correct neighborhood? Seeing as DrN included my calculation (with basically no modification or user complaints) I know it works, I just don't know if the other data is 100% correct.

Mentions: Jail, Busting & Bailing