books, novels, manga, classics, etc.
List your favorite :D
(last post got lost in flood)
Anything Neil Gaiman or Chuck Palahniuk. Love the whole Sandman series, American Gods, Neverwhere. Haunted by Palahinuk contains my favorite short story of all, "guts." Made me physically ill the first time I read it. Now that's talent.
Just picked up and started reading Chuck Palahniuk's "Make something up, stories you cant unread". It's cool seeing all the creative sides of one author. I also read a lot of John Stienbeck. I've ran out of his novels. Per Petterson is great. "Out stealing horses" will take out all the feels. Now we need a thread for people to post their own short stories.
I'm reading Seveneves and it's amazing. Bill Gates recommended it in his top 5 books years ago and I just found it by accident.
Moon blows up into 7 pieces and no one knows why or cares; to them it's exciting, only to realise the 7 pieces will collide and create more and more until goodbye earth in 2-3 years.
Have you read Snow Crash by the same author?
I feel like posting my favorite manga but I would look like a Weeb.
So many, very difficult to choose!
The last to capture my heart completely was the Lyonesse Trilogy by Jack Vance.
I have not. But I would be easily persuaded after reading some of his work.
It's not as dense as his other stuff, and if you like gaming, you'll get a kick out of it.
Thanks for the suggestion ðŸ‘
@lord_shaper
I love neil gaiman! ive read like all of his books, but my favorite is neverwhere. have you read the view from cheap seats?
I recently finished The Raven Tower by Ann Leckie, it's her first fantasy book. Part of the story is written in second person, and that changed how I think about point of view in both reading and writing. I would recommend it to people who love or used to love fantasy and got bored with all the standard plotlines.
The Complete Works of H.P. Lovecraft. Big book--great read.
any young adult books to recommend?
Chronicles of Amber
Left Behind
I actually write as a side hustle on here to entertain others.
Please feel free to give it a read and a vote for better or worse.
http://tiny.cc/dreadboy
The wheel of Time series by Robert Jordan, all ancient philosophy, Paul Stamets on Mycology, Manly P. Hall or any real occult, anything to do with the roots of religion and how it's all one belief, declassified military papers, and current affairs.