Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Is Torn population a problem?

Started by ThePureOne [2203165] on in Questions & Answers.

11 replies · 384 views · thread synced · 13 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 12 / 12 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
12
Discussion span
→
People posting
10
Likes on archived posts
18
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
1
Authority score
65 / 100
Historical score
20 / 100
Story score
36 / 100
Engagement score
61 / 100

Most-liked replies

ThePureOne [2203165]
I read the Torn news article about the "depopulation" day, but am curious if population is an actual problem. I understand the news paper was more of a promotion for new players honestly because attacking makes the game more fun, but what do you think?

Edit: If it is a “GENERAL” problem idk how this is a difficult question I’m not talking about specific problems I’m taking about overall change of the game due to population growth. Is it effecting the game in a negative way or not. Hopefully that explains the question.
Clippy [2247889]
The "population" of Torn has grown quickly recently. You and I are both within the age of that population growth. This has brought about various uproars/whinings about the economy going to hell, etc.

It isn't.

The article is playing on this, though, as if we actually killed each other when we won fights. We don't.
Economies fluctuate. Goods change in value. We adapt. Or just whine.
ThePureOne [2203165]
that what I hoped people would have as a opinion :) I read a few threads saying that population increase is pulling negative aspects into the game
RandomCC [2219650]
Mostly made by people who 1) don't like change and/or 2) don't know how economies work and/or 3) jumped on the bandwagon of noob hate and don't actually care because it likely doesn't impact their gameplay unless they run a noob faction
Hamr [2027992]
Torn's population is only a problem inasmuch as it prevents me from being top 100 in all HoF ranks.

Other than that: the more, the merrier!