Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Milestones

Started by TensionHat [2315438] on in Questions & Answers.

9 replies · 198 views · thread synced · 4 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 10 / 10 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
10
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
20
Authority score
44 / 100
Historical score
18 / 100
Story score
34 / 100
Engagement score
57 / 100

Most-liked replies

TensionHat [2315438]
I’m having a hard time comparing myself to other people at my age to see about how well I’m doing. The advanced search tool helps, but between the people who leave after a couple days and the people who buy loads of d packs it’s tough to see where I’m at as a more “average” player lol. Is there an easier way to get a feel for where people are at?
Jynx [2087322]
Have a look at the Hall of Fame.. compare your level rank with your battle stats rank. At your level you need to keep them about the same.
P00CH [2170094]
Everyone plays this game at their own pace, some will log on once a day, whereas some will throw $100s at the game to get a headstart.
Find a pace that suits you
Set yourself some achievable short and long term goals and use those as a marker of how well you're doing..
By all means look at other players, and have a think, how did they do that? Do I want to be doing that?
Read the forums which will give you other ideas for personal targets and how to reach them.

You seem to be doing okay from what I can see from your personal stat screen.. I'm presuming the amount of attacks lost was from slutting? Hopefully you'll have given that up now that you are flying.

Pooch xx
Kayla [2031661]
Like Poochskunk said, everyone plays the game differently, at their own pace with their own goals and levels of commitment. It's fairly pointless trying to compare yourself to others of the same level or age.
Dagrims [2007550]
Over my first year (particularly in the first six months) I used the search function to look at everyone 7 days older and 7 days younger than me (eventually increasing that range to 14 days on each side). I'd further refine the search by picking everyone over a certain level (started at 5 and then kept increasing as my level did), which would eliminate the majority of players who signed up and then stopped playing. After a certain age (I think around a month), I also refined the search to look only at players living in Private Islands. Those players were my original benchmarks for progress. I compared my personal statistics against theirs regularly.

I also asked players who appeared to be helpful if they would be willing to share their battle/crime/travel/networth/etc. stats, if they knew them, at different ages. Your faction should also be able to offer some good advice. If they can't, then you may not be in the right faction for you.
RandomCC [2219650]
Usually if people started around the same time as you and are around your activity level there should be at least 1-3 of them in your faction where it’s okay to like compare stats and have some friendly competition.

Even the people who started off happy jumping daily can be helpful to keep looking at because you might still want to be at a certain stat total by a certain time or net worth by a certain age within your means. So if your means are a certain percentage of theirs you can expect to reach some portion of their numbers by such and such a time.

Comparing yourself to people who are better doesn’t have to be a negative experience, it can be motivating and put things in perspective. I have a friend that started like within a few days of me and had 10 times my stats at the same age. But they’re also a full-time trader so I didn’t feel some type of way about it. A few months later training within my means and I’m almost halfway to where they were, I feel like that’s good progress for a relatively “average” player.
TensionHat [2315438]
Thanks for all the advice guys, I’ll definitely use those tips for filtering, and see if I can find some people my age to share notes with.