Does anyone remember Facebook Torn and if so do you think they should bring it back. I only played a little bit of it. But play it if it would come back. I also think a mobile app for Facebook Torn would be a good idea.
Facebook Torn
Started by DeathStarz92 [2416980] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 26 / 26 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 26
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 57 / 100
- Historical score
- 25 / 100
- Story score
- 56 / 100
- Engagement score
- 67 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- The-Wiz [1870366]
· 3 likes ·
Look at this article about Torn Lite from 2011, pretty funny: Teenage Geek’s Text Browser Game Takes On Mafia Wars I found a few decent quality screenshots of what it used to look like:[image: screens.latestscreens.com][image: screens.latestscreens.com] - Stretch [1846075] Officer
· 3 likes ·
I played it just long enough to get the merit/goodie bag. - JussiJernkuuk [1874922]
· 1 likes ·
The goodie bag was discontinued even before the game itself was decommissioned, because multis were farming them intensely.
Facebook sucks. But I wish I could get that damn merit :(
And goodie bag >.>
I remember it, no big deal, you finished quickly and got that goodie bag. I don't think it should be brought back, we don't need two versions of the same game.
Does anyone has any screenshot of what it looked like?
ehm. since no ones asking.
who's multi are you?
who's multi are you?
The goodie bag was discontinued even before the game itself was decommissioned, because multis were farming them intensely.
Hopefully torn won't end up that way
I thought Goodie Bags were city finds only. :/ I never knew they were linked with Facebook Torn.
Facebook Torn was cancelled as the scheme to get in new players, and to produce another source of income, dried up
Facebook Torn sucked ass anyways
Facebook Torn sucked ass anyways
I enjoyed facebook Torn. It gave me a chance to interact with players I likely wouldn't have otherwise and it was something easy to do while waiting for energy or nerve to fill here.
It was terrible. Like a less complex version of this game with way less users. I feel bad for those who didnt get the opportunity for the merit. But the game should never be revived for anyone to actually play
It was shit. Facebook is shit. Suggestion is shit.
It sucked.
I played it for the merit, and GOD it was lame.
I feel bad for the people who didn't get the award, but well... Bunch of awards I haven't gotten because it's impossible to get them anymore
I played it for the merit, and GOD it was lame.
I feel bad for the people who didn't get the award, but well... Bunch of awards I haven't gotten because it's impossible to get them anymore
Look at this article about Torn Lite from 2011, pretty funny: Teenage Geek’s Text Browser Game Takes On Mafia Wars
I found a few decent quality screenshots of what it used to look like:[image: screens.latestscreens.com][image: screens.latestscreens.com]
I found a few decent quality screenshots of what it used to look like:[image: screens.latestscreens.com][image: screens.latestscreens.com]
Believe it or not, off the back of this, players have been offered real-world careers from their virtual bosses, based solely on their hard work in the game.
Smells of RMT lol
it suckt ass, it was like a lesser version of torn, and it took work away from improving upon the real torn game.
and ye i got the merit so i know what im talkin about.
anything thats just being a lesser shell then the real thing is not worthing exisitng.
and ye i got the merit so i know what im talkin about.
anything thats just being a lesser shell then the real thing is not worthing exisitng.
Honestly just want the merit. All games through facebook are either poorly coded or is so basic it's an obvious cash grab unfortunately.
Either give everyone the unobtainable merits, or remove them from the game entirely.
Some people actually put in a lot of effort to achieve some of these awards. Think survivalist in Torn of the dead. Taking them away from individuals that earned them isn't the right approach. Another option would be to work in a different way to achieve the merit. Although, that being said, the fact that some of the honors are no longer achievable makes them even more special to the people that have them. So rather, let it be as is. You can't get the merit? Too bad imo