What's the point of them? I know it's good to keep expensive items for holding money/net worth. But if it's chalk full of cheap items, does anyone really want to look through it all? Like is it really worth the points?
Display Cabinets
Started by Kegabyte [2352085] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 34 / 34 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 34
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 67 / 100
- Historical score
- 24 / 100
- Story score
- 43 / 100
- Engagement score
- 74 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- rainbowsaurus [1884204]
· 17 likes ·
for me, it's an altar to my beloved fruitcakes. - -Boogaloo- [2350274]
· 17 likes ·
They are like Display cabinets in real life. In theory, they are meant to display to family and friends coveted rarities and treasures, impeccably placed and displayed to draw awe from those that look into the fine glass laid in … - Xiphias [187717]
· 5 likes ·
If you have lots and lots of items then it makes sense. You should only hold a certain amount of items in your inventory (I don't remember the max, ~25.000 maybe), so it's best to move some into the display …
If you have lots and lots of items then it makes sense. You should only hold a certain amount of items in your inventory (I don't remember the max, ~25.000 maybe), so it's best to move some into the display cabinet to lessen the load on the items page.
In addition to what's been said above, it can also be a way for people to show off some rare or special items they may have.
for me, it's an altar to my beloved fruitcakes.
Does that also include your spouse? Proper fruitcake that one.
They are like Display cabinets in real life.
In theory, they are meant to display to family and friends coveted rarities and treasures, impeccably placed and displayed to draw awe from those that look into the fine glass laid in oak and walnut, meticulously set in the corner of your living room.
In practice, they are crammed full of useless shit no one cares about, shoved in the corner of a detritus filled room reeking of cigarette butts and failure, causing concern of your life goals to all that peer into it.
In theory, they are meant to display to family and friends coveted rarities and treasures, impeccably placed and displayed to draw awe from those that look into the fine glass laid in oak and walnut, meticulously set in the corner of your living room.
In practice, they are crammed full of useless shit no one cares about, shoved in the corner of a detritus filled room reeking of cigarette butts and failure, causing concern of your life goals to all that peer into it.
I use mine as a private dump, I don't expect anyone to be interested in what I keep there.
As they've said above me, it's meant to be a way to show off your rare items you have collected over time. However, people use it as a public storage of all the random crap they may have, or others have used it to try and show off one of every item in the game (Someone had a pretty close collection awhile back, i long forgot who it was though).
Bottom line is, people use it to display items, whether they're rare or not...i guess that's up to the owners discretion.
Bottom line is, people use it to display items, whether they're rare or not...i guess that's up to the owners discretion.
i use it to store items im not gonna sell, i dont like having my inventory full of shit, so the display case is a good second storage for me.
lol just having around 10 items in my inventory makes my ocd go crazy.
i would love it if we could make a custom list of what items we want to see when we check our inventory, instead seeing all your stuff before you press and of the filter, i really dont need to see my large suitcase and armor and weapons. i rather just see the shit im using, laptop, items im selling and such.
but ye its a tiny issue, not worth to put much energy into as we already have filters. even thou i find little use of them.
i would love it if we could make a custom list of what items we want to see when we check our inventory, instead seeing all your stuff before you press and of the filter, i really dont need to see my large suitcase and armor and weapons. i rather just see the shit im using, laptop, items im selling and such.
but ye its a tiny issue, not worth to put much energy into as we already have filters. even thou i find little use of them.
Crap storage / rainy day fund. When I am doing well financially I put expensive boosters drugs etc in and when I suddenly need a booster or drug its a few clicks away.
I always thought you couldn't remove anything you put into a display cabinet? I have seen players say "I put this very expensive item in my display cabinet". Seems I thought wrong and it means a lot less if you can just take them out again... SMH
I just throw a buncha shit in there that I don't plan on touching for a while to keep my inventory tidy
This, exactly. I do the same thing. Hate scrolling through a ton of crap to find the stuff I want to put in my bazaar.
I originally only used mine as a bookshelf to hold all my books but started storing other stuff I don't intend on selling
Useful for storing books that you already read and is cluttering up inventory space.
For holding lollipops.
I use mine for storing a battalion of Goat-shaped plushies. When the "Comic Shop of Horrors" update drops, and they all come to life, you're all f**ked.
I only keep the rarest of items in mine, truly priceless. For everything else theirs MasterCard.
Clearly it's intended to destroy any mobile device that dares load a Display Case with 20,000+ weapons hidden inside..
That said, I use mine to store collectables and books that I've already read (so the unread books are nicely viewable from my inventory). Also after Christmas last year I filled it with candy/cans until the price goes up, it worked great as I forgot they were there for months!
That said, I use mine to store collectables and books that I've already read (so the unread books are nicely viewable from my inventory). Also after Christmas last year I filled it with candy/cans until the price goes up, it worked great as I forgot they were there for months!