My son is one of the pickiest kids out there and I need help coming up with gifts for him. He is 8
(NOT TORN RELATED) I need gift help
Started by Gay [2080508] on in General Non-related.
About this thread
Posts archived: 26 / 26 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 26
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 20 / 100
- Historical score
- 23 / 100
- Story score
- 46 / 100
- Engagement score
- 62 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
A tablet.
How about a pellet or bb gun? It would be something to enjoy outside. And it can teach responsibility, as far as what and where to shoot.
Im not a papa yet, but getting him a remote control drone, leggo set of his favorite movie (or some other kind of build-yourself-kit) big action figure and a nice cheery letter on how Santa is proud of him for being a good boi with 4-6 cookies (or smores) and hot chocolate with mini marshmallows
Have double wrapped presents and have like stuffing so he can enjoy the thrill of searching through the box and taking out stuffings (to let him engage on his curiosity)
Have double wrapped presents and have like stuffing so he can enjoy the thrill of searching through the box and taking out stuffings (to let him engage on his curiosity)
Can’t go wrong with an android tablet. Reasonably priced, loads of free to play games and apps, easy to use parental controls.
I've moved this to General Non-Related.
What are his interests does he watch sports etc I buy a lot of gifts each year in my massive family so I can help if I have the proper information
Nothing. Get him to donate his gifts to charity or donate some of his time at a children's hospital or something so he can be grateful for the things you buy him wth your hard work.
Legos
Fully agree with this. Teaching responsibility and fun plus getting outside. Win win win
A tablet and then give the stipulation that he can have it, but only if he starts playing Torn.
I got some k'nex for christmas when I was 8 or 9. They're like legos but more sophisticated. I f**king LOVED them.
If your kid is into building stuff, I'd buy some k'nex. I had the box set with a motorized switch, so I was able to build working ferries wheels, and helicopters.. all kinds of cool stuff.
Good luck!
If your kid is into building stuff, I'd buy some k'nex. I had the box set with a motorized switch, so I was able to build working ferries wheels, and helicopters.. all kinds of cool stuff.
Good luck!
LEGO for sure. So many possibilities. Give him the winter catalog (it just came out) and let him check off anything he's interested in.
Not sure where you live but also check out Kiwi Crate, they have subscription boxes that are all science, engineering, technology, and math related and make learning more fun with hands on activities. They also have a bunch of different levels of difficulty based on age.
What about books? Does he like reading? That age there are some fun books he may be able to get into if you find a genre he likes.
Maybe something for outside - a skateboard, scooter, new bike, etc.
Really depends on your budget.
Not sure where you live but also check out Kiwi Crate, they have subscription boxes that are all science, engineering, technology, and math related and make learning more fun with hands on activities. They also have a bunch of different levels of difficulty based on age.
What about books? Does he like reading? That age there are some fun books he may be able to get into if you find a genre he likes.
Maybe something for outside - a skateboard, scooter, new bike, etc.
Really depends on your budget.
I'd go with Lego or some other "build it" set .
a beginers bow & Arrow set a Basketball or a football ... try to direct him outdoors....
there is enough electronics addicted kids around the world
there is enough electronics addicted kids around the world
And then he has to take the bus home. And do his chores.
LEGO
Try to go with the basic construction sets, instead of the topic specific kits, if you are only getting one.
I was using LEGO in 1970, and still have fond memories of those days.
EDIT: so I pretty much was 3rd in this suggestion. So ya.
Try to go with the basic construction sets, instead of the topic specific kits, if you are only getting one.
I was using LEGO in 1970, and still have fond memories of those days.
EDIT: so I pretty much was 3rd in this suggestion. So ya.
If you're in the US and he likes the outdoors. I would suggest getting him his lifetime hunting and fishing license.
I take this back.
I just got my little brother a lego set.
$220.
I just got my little brother a lego set.
$220.
How about magnets? They're pretty f**king awesome