Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Poll: Rage Quit

Started by CRLF [2095076] on in General Discussion.

40 replies · 678 views · thread synced · 10 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 41 / 41 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
41
Discussion span
→
Authority score
38 / 100
Historical score
24 / 100
Story score
59 / 100
Engagement score
72 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

CRLF [2095076]
[image: i.kym-cdn.com]

Did you ever rage quit a faction, game or Discord?

Rage quitting involves strong emotions. If we don't care about something, we just walk away.

It involves a Display of Emotions, possibly seeking revenge on the group being left.

Rage-quitting is so pervasive in gaming, there's even emoticons for it:

[image: gyazo.com]

From the archives, we have this historic footage of the first computer game rage-quit:

[image: i.kym-cdn.com]

And rage-quitting predates computer games, as we can see in the ancient game of Go, gone wrong.

[image: upload.wikimedia.org]

What is the most likely reason you would rage-quit your faction or the game?

(This doesn't include normal quitting for reasons like too busy in RL or got bored with the game)
Superior- [2131856]
I am cool calm and collective I have never rage quit a game or a server

You on the other hand restarted because dekloren.
CRLF [2095076]
I did. And I seem to recall someone raging on Crusty recently. Getting yourself fedded is a form of rage-quitting.

Maybe I should add "Trying to troll someone and failing" to the poll.
Ricky-Bobby [297109]
got tired enough of this game a few years ago to leave. let blackjack decide my fate. the house picked my logging out. i did not return for about 6 months.

i was in purgatory i had a decent amount of money but yet not enough money to do anything and it was getting boring. so i said ok bj pay out big or take it all. i almost raged up when i lost but then stepped back i just looked at the screen for a moment calmly said ok and logged out.

it was a boring time in the game and leaving i was able to meet a more boring life of living in a small city surrounded by corn fields. so here i am been back a few years now.
Triplicant [2037705]
I've rage quit Dark Souls a couple of times after getting pounded 4v1. But I always picked it back up, as painful as it was :P

But Torn isn't skill based in that sense - If you have better stats, you'll win. I guess I'd maybe rage quit if my account was hacked, all my items given away, my faction destroyed, and only to somehow gain a scammer reputation after all that.

Either that or if Ched removed Karma.

Edit: Remind me never to play Go against that guy in your pic.
ChaosReigns [2169241]
3rd time trying to do Division 2 Hardcore Mode (perma death)... as close as I’ll ever be to rage quitting a game. I have started broadcasting it a few times. If anyone’s interested in spectating hmu.
MissAdventure [2202270]
Not online but I did have to stop playing nintendo with a kid who got too good to beat.
Getting beat by a five year old was too much.
nezha [1288709]
Dark souls is undoubtedly the most difficult game I have ever tried. I never finished. Good on you if you had the patience to.