Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Another 1B Stats Post

Started by Rob_Snow [2177733] on in Achievements.

33 replies · 1.32k views · thread synced · 5 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 34 / 34 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
34
Discussion span
→
Authority score
39 / 100
Historical score
28 / 100
Story score
52 / 100
Engagement score
73 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Mentioned in this thread

Faction 7709 ×1 Faction 33783 ×1 dunmugmeh [538353] ×1 Jumpingjack9439 [1939900] ×1 Insi [2034939] ×1 nex [2054500] ×1 Quilogy [2083745] ×1 Player 2097080 [2097080] ×1

Rob_Snow [2177733]
Proud to have achieved my primary goal last night; 1 billion stats. The trading & money have always been geared towards this, and as long as I have enough to keep training, I am happy. New shiny honour bar, I had used the happy jump one for almost a year now.

[image: cdn.discordapp.com]

[image: i.gyazo.com]

Edit: I have to give a lot of credit to Quilogy & Insi of Impulse , and dunmugmeh

Quilogy taught and showed me all I needed to know with regards to happy jumps, and efficient use of energy in the gym. The best post he showed me was Training Gains Explained (and Training Calculator) . Other useful guides are Gym Training Guide for Beginners and Happy Jump Visual guide. Please note that there are now Strippograms available now and can be used instead of E-DVDs; they have no cooldown, so you can use Cans / FHCs at the same time for bigger gains.

Insi also helped with advice on that but also helped me financially as a new trader; I didn't buy DPs with real money, so it was a struggle to get into the SE market without her help.

dunmugmeh was a valuable source of bazaar trading advice, and he is still out there, helping the field mice of torn. Go buy from his bazaar to help him, please.


There are many other people who have helped me along the way (too many to mention), including Jumpingjack9439 ,Valgys & other fine members of Impulse, and nex for mug protection & getting me nuked.

More recently I have been supported by fabulous members of Vulpes Vulpes (and those tasty faction perks!)

Mentions: dunmugmeh [538353] · Insi [2034939] · Jumpingjack9439 [1939900] · nex [2054500] · Quilogy [2083745] · Valgys [2097080] · Impulse [33783] · Vulpes Vulpes [7709] · Gym Training Guide for Beginners · iribuya's Happy Jump Visual guide · Training Gains Explained (and Training Calculator)

Timpo [2281064]
Nice one Rob

Has it been one solid push or an on and off thing getting to 1bn?

I'm just wondering about the time scale involved.
Rob_Snow [2177733]
I didn't do much in the first 30 days, so that will have delayed it, and missed out on happy jump time. I was a lost little noob, not fully concentrating on torn at the time.

There was a spell where I wasn't using my booster c/d on cans / fhc / happy jumps, so that could have sped it up too. Happy with doing it in under 500 days though.
Timpo [2281064]
Lol all that and you still help noobs like me :D

I've aimed at awards more than anything so maybe its time to switch it up because 1bn before 500 days sounds like a decent challenge to me. ;)
dunmugmeh [538353]
It does cost a lot of play money to do what rob has done in the time he has done it. You have to earn a LOT of play money to do what rob has done.
Timpo [2281064]
True and I don't think I'd make it either. I just enjoy stacking myself against decent players and their exploits to see if I can match them or see how far I fall short.

Just my way of driving forward, stupid really but it is what it is lol.
Rob_Snow [2177733]
I have added credits to some of the many people who have helped me get this far, and some references for those who want to follow the same path.
Alfi [2156072]
Great achievement Rob!


Well deserved recognition for someone that has put so much time and effort into their personal stat goals while remaining scrupulously fair and supporting the noobs coming up behind.
Rob_Snow [2177733]
Yes, all well above 50m. I keep one stat 25% above the rest for the best special gym, and my top 2 stats combined are 25% above the bottom two, for another special gym.