Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Leveling above 15

Started by ozphobia [2496151] on in Questions & Answers.

16 replies · 549 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 17 / 17 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
17
Discussion span
→
People posting
12
Likes on archived posts
24
Authority score
46 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
38 / 100
Engagement score
65 / 100

Most-liked replies

ozphobia [2496151]
Hi All,

So once you reach level 15 you get access to travel, but other than the benefits of more health and level honors/merits, are there any other level milestone benefits?

For a newbie like myself I don't see the usual games mechanics of higher level = better outcome, and before I get flamed I am not saying that this is a bad thing, I am just curious.

I notice an awful lot of level 15 with 4000+ days waiting for someone.

Cheers
Oz
Aleks-ODBird [2259658]
No there isn't anything above health and merits, but health is especially important in the game..

You can stay at lower levels but you would require more battle stats.. All about balance between how low you want your level to be vs how high the stats you have to be..
Kelsie [340367]
Really just HP, merits, and rank triggers. Other than that, nothing special.


A lot of people choose to level hold, and that’s their play style. Or you will find people at slightly higher than 15 (but lower say than 30) for a while because they may feel their stats/level don’t match.


Not necessarily the case here, however. I’m a level 80, and my true level is 96. I’ve been periodically holding while I wait for my stats to more so match with my level so I’m not a leveling target. :)
Owen [2087327]
All of the above plus the lower your level the easier you are to be busted from jail

So if you want to do 10k drug crimes don't level up until you've done them
Gorgonzola [1300528]
Better outcomes result from stats better than your peers. After all they are the only ones you’re competing against. If you have similar stats but more life then you’re more likely to win an attack/defend.


The reality of the current war system is that you will beat down on people below you and crush their hopes.


You will always have peers in Torn even if you do very little. Some may choose to hold their level to ‘surprise’ their enemy, but it’s ultimately a futile trolling exercise. Now that so many players are max level, I’m not sure why power levelling is not the way to go.
DedeSiregar [2430598]
My referal did not help me. Worked my ass off all alone. So to return his favor I decline to level up ever again so he will not get bonus from my reference thingy. Quid pro quo.
Ridgeback [2015242]
Health is the fifth stat. It’s very beneficial to level up so long as you don’t let your level outrun your battle stats too much.
Kelsie [340367]
However, if you don’t want to level up but still want some extra HP.... you can at least put merits into Life. I have mine at 10/10. Nice extra bonus :)
narO [2312928]
Other than hanging at 15 to pile up defends for a while I don't see a point in staying for too long. I think some people just get joy from defends
Borneo [2017371]
Well yeah, joy and the merits. I see some people on the bounty list. One's Jesus I think, another is "Polish" or something like that. Both have thousands of defends im guessing from people attacking them for the bounty only to not notice they've been active for 4000+ days. Easy merit.

Or you can level up consistently, and only have 26 defends after over a 1000 days, like someone.....
P00CH [2170094]
I held for quite a while at just over level 15 for a couple of reasons.

Someone has mentioned about jail bust being easier. True it is but I'm almost finished doing drug crimes and being level 32 hasnt stopped me being busted out of jail within few minutes.

My main reason for not holding at 15 but just above was for travelling, I didn't want to be that person at the low end of the last page when someone decides to mug abroad. Next time you fly to SA, see how many of last page are in hospital.

My other reason (when I was holding at 21) was for the defends, my stats weren't great but they were better than many expected, but that was before explained to me about life being equally as important and that defends would come no matter what lvl I was

I am not rushing levelling, yes I could level up some more right now, but I set myself a stat target before I would level more
Take levelling at a natural pace, spend that energy training and use your factions chains for the attack xp and attack merits
ozphobia [2496151]
Good point not being that target on the last couple of pages when traveling.

I think I'll hold at 20, do the drug crimes and defends for the merit then keep moving again, keeping my hall of fame position for both level stats as close to the same.

These seem to be the main reason for not leveling up.

Cheers
Oz
Woodworm [2486158]
You get attacked less often as a level 25 than level 15, if you want defends then lecel hold, if you want to not go to hosp - level up