Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

[Recurring issue] Double chat windows

Started by Anorak [2489587] on in Bugs & Issues.

5 replies · 23 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 6 / 6 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
6
Discussion span
→
People posting
2
Likes on archived posts
0
Posts by staff, officers and moderators
3
Authority score
54 / 100
Historical score
26 / 100
Story score
29 / 100
Engagement score
35 / 100
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
Is there a specific way to replicate the issue? Do you have the same issue in another browser too?
Anorak [2489587]
Specific way, no not really. I clear my chats occasionally and keep the ones I need. That's how I noticed this duplication.
As for the browser, no I haven't yet. Will do soon. BTW, I use kiwi browser on android. Will check if it's the same for Google Chrome..
But that means I will have to use it for quite some time to find out..? I really like my extensions you know ¯\_(?)_/¯
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
Did either of the persons involved in the chat recently changed their names? I think changing the name sometimes triggers two chat boxes, but this should most definitely be resolved upon clearing the cache.
Anorak [2489587]
No, the person in question did not change their name, not even once. And I did clear my cache. Will inform if it happens again
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
I will close this report for now, please create a new one if the issue occurs again.

Also note, while clearing your browser cache, it is essential that you logout of your account first, then clear cache, close the browser window, open a new window and then login to your account. If you are still logged in while clearing your cache, the issue will most likely not be fixed.