Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Reviving respect

Started by zuzurip [2154118] on in Suggestions.

10 replies · 119 views · thread synced · 6 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 11 / 11 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
11
Discussion span
→
People posting
9
Likes on archived posts
30
Authority score
27 / 100
Historical score
21 / 100
Story score
42 / 100
Engagement score
54 / 100
zuzurip [2154118]
I'm not sure if this was mention earlier in this game's life before but would it be possible or even make sense for faction to get respect when people revive others?

Like not in the chaining fashion (make 10 revives in 5 minutes and then subsequent revives every 5 minutes) but just general respect gain per revive.

I dont know if the respect gain should be flat respect gain vs a different amount depending on situation (as in fair fight bonus, war etc) but even if it was just flat 1 respect of even a half respect per revive I think it would help the reviving factions progress in the game a bit.

What do you all think?
Adam [1622585]
I think you meant to post this in suggestions :P Not questions and answers ...

Moving to Suggestions ...
Oh wait ... I am not staff :' )
DedeSiregar [2430598]
Kindda abuseable no?
Just revive everyone in hosp to farm respect. No need to have bs to earn high respect by hitting someone stronger, no worry retal, no need messaging ppl in other faction to sit on wall for us, no need medkits/ blood bag, no need to have walls even. Just farming respects by selling revives.
earthguido [2165190]
Reviving costs in the best case the same energy of an attack, attacking gives respect so why reviving won't? I see the OP has a point there.

How much respect? it's debatable.

On a side note chaining does not require anyone sitting in a wall for you, except if you are slutting or getting someone to slut for you of course.
DedeSiregar [2430598]
Your battlestat and your target battlestat or level do not affect the reviving result. That's why a revive should not give respect.
Second you CHOSE to be reviver. Be that for the pay or more casual game play. And now you still want more gain?
Like I said abusable. Even if you get 100 up votes I 100% doubt it will be implemented anyway. That's not how the game was designed isn't it? Gaining respect for being peaceful in a crime game. Lol yeah nope.
HeadJob [1935957]
My thoughts are no.

Yes, attacking/reviving cost the same E.
But reviving doesn't have training. I don't have to spend 1000 Xanax building up my "reviving stats" to able to revive someone.

Reviving is as simple as point and click, the only deciding factor on if you can revive some is if they allow you to.
Attacking, on the other hand, is a "bit" more complicated.

I personally think it's better if reviving doesn't get mixed with respect. But I do like the idea of having "better revives".

edit: here are some other suggestions of similar ideas.
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=4&t=16147907&b=0&a=0&start=0&to=20183938
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=4&t=16170503&b=0&a=0
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=4&t=16169447&b=0&a=0&start=0&to=20490113
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=4&t=16161172&b=0&a=0&start=0&to=20343228

Mentions: Faction Upgrade to Gain Respect for Revives · Revive Chains · Reviver Balancing · Revivers gaining Exp ?

Butters [34298]
No. Just no.

Revive factions do what they do for money and are rewarded rather handsomely for it whenever there's a big (or even not so big) war.
zuzurip [2154118]
Yes, sorry forgot about the suggestion topic.

True, that was the hard part about it, to even consider that a possibility cuz once you unlock revives you dont need anything else to maintain it or train like a battle stat. Obviously I was thinking about maybe adding another element that you could add to it or something, i dont know, I was just throwing it out there.

You could make it so it only gives you like .1 or .01 respect if that and that you only get it from reviving your faction mates and only during a war or something like that. I mean anything would probably be appreciated.

I'm not a reviver (though I do have it unlocked) so I'm not trying to be biased about it, was just really looking out for others.