I was 402nd in the queue..i checked back an hour or so later and i was 403rd?? Anyone have an explanation to this?
Stock Market Queue?
Started by Smoke [2249116] on in Questions & Answers.
About this thread
Posts archived: 15 / 15 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 15
- Discussion span
- →
- People posting
- 12
- Likes on archived posts
- 11
- Authority score
- 45 / 100
- Historical score
- 20 / 100
- Story score
- 34 / 100
- Engagement score
- 59 / 100
Most-liked replies
- Mary [2161411]
· 3 likes ·
The queue needs to be fixed. The first blocks listed are the first blocks sold. Ex: At a store, you don't let the people with 20 items pass the people with 30 items. - Smoke [2249116]
· 1 likes ·
This exactly! Loosing money as we speak so somebody with less stocks can be less affected by the drop in price. Makes no sense.
Someone listed another, smaller block of shares, which takes priority in the queue
Well then...that really defeats the purpose of having a queue doesn't it.
Queue position is a function of both block size and time in the queue. Eventually, the larger block will reach the top position.
The queue needs to be fixed. The first blocks listed are the first blocks sold.
Ex: At a store, you don't let the people with 20 items pass the people with 30 items.
Ex: At a store, you don't let the people with 20 items pass the people with 30 items.
This exactly! Loosing money as we speak so somebody with less stocks can be less affected by the drop in price. Makes no sense.
its not in particular a bad system, it does help the small guys while making big guys question their purchases xD
Some bigger traders will invest over 100b in a single stock, if they were the first to list I’m sure people would be complaining that they’re stuck behind all the big boys. Honestly it’s not a perfect system but I can see why smaller blocks get priority. Other factors also affect it such as how long you’ve had yours listed etc.
The people with the bigger blocks will be more affected by the changes in price, so if any order besides first listed first sold is to be done, the smaller blocks should get moved to the end because they get a lower effect from the changes
This ^^
You're thinking about the express checkout, so... yes, you do.
That’s logical and how it works in real life. The reason behind the way the queue system works in torn is so poorer players have a better chance then richer ones.
The system does have its merits but I understand your frustration.
I’d suggest splitting the shares into smaller blocks and listing one only after the other has sold (as I think I read that multiple listing of the same share will count as a single block in the queue)?
I’d suggest splitting the shares into smaller blocks and listing one only after the other has sold (as I think I read that multiple listing of the same share will count as a single block in the queue)?
In the world of stocks, the only thing you should be talking about when referring to performance is the % change. Dollar changes never have made sense to judge performance, and they never will.
Honestly there needs to be an aftermarket with a bid/ask spread.