Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Poker players timeout

Started by Quarantino [2531034] on in Bugs & Issues.

24 replies · 232 views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 25 / 25 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
25
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
43 / 100
Story score
52 / 100
Engagement score
65 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Quarantino [2531034]
Several poker players report they timeout before their timer is finished.

To reproduce join any 60 sec table (Like old folks home).

The only way to prevent this from happening is to refresh the page frequently.


I guess the internal timers are out of sync with users browsers.
JackKelly [2271177]
I play these tables often, and do occasionally lag. But very seldom.

Pay attention to the game and you wont timeout as often.
Quarantino [2531034]
You didn't read the op, so i'll spell it out for you:

When you sit at the table and another players timer shows say 19 seconds left, you think all is good and that player is just slow. You wait for your turn...

Nothing happens.....

You refresh the page and it says you folded because you timed out your turn. << This is not normal.

Pay attention to forum text.
dark95 [2321537]
I have played yesterday and today poker and it all went fine! It was a 60 second table aswell (Periodic). It all went normal, id even be on different tabs and id see tab info *your turn*

Perhaps it could be your device/OS youre using?
JackKelly [2271177]
No, i read it just fine, but thank you for spelling it out for me. Im just more inclined to believe the people timing out is more because they arent paying attention and they want to blame it on something else.
I play poker daily, and on occasion do experience a lag, but have yet to have a hand folded because of it.
Vladar [1996140]
I have had this happen to me. It will show another player as still thinking when in reality they acted and it just doesn’t show it as being your turn.
JackKelly [2271177]
I've had it happen to me also. I just never had a hand folded because of it. Besides it would only matter if that happens to the person that plays right before you. Any other player and you would recognize the lag and be able to refresh
YourDad [1317930]
shows that its player next to me , timer will get to 0 and freeze on there turn making me think I'm waiting...
i smoke a lot of weed, so by time i realize it and say "oh shit its frozen?" refresh and boom I'm already sitting out and the next hands almost over before i knew it started !
MeanDaddy [2592935]
This is a very big issue! I lost 30 million when I first starting playing because I couldn't hit the call button. It was to late before I figured out to refresh. Just today I had pocket 10's. Tried to raise pre flop but again by the time I refreshed I had to just hurry and hit the call button. This completely changed the dynamic of the hand.
JackKelly [2271177]
Interesting. So far today, thats two full houses and a pair of pocket tens ruined by lag. I guess I was at a lucky table earlier, as everyone managed to play on time. I wonder if anyone lags out on a 2, 7 off-suit, or if it only happens on good hands.
CloudJumper [1636201]Staff
Nikita is unavailable for testing right now, so I will re-assign it to Artem. Thanks..!!