Why did the price of fully maxed out private islands drop? I am assuming everyone who owns a PI had there networth go down.
Price Drop
Started by _Vision [1979106] on in General Discussion.
About this thread
Posts archived: 31 / 31 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch
Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.
- Archived posts
- 31
- Discussion span
- →
- Authority score
- 38 / 100
- Historical score
- 23 / 100
- Story score
- 56 / 100
- Engagement score
- 67 / 100
People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.
Most-liked replies
- Brakier [2095393]
· 3 likes ·
how can i ever trust orans math skills again :(
Mentioned in this thread
oraN [1778676] ×2
Mentions: Patch list #157 : 01/09/2020
Mentions: Patch list #157 : 01/09/2020
pro tip
get in the habit of checking Ched's patch list posts every Tuesday in the Announcement forum
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=1&t=16182985&b=0&a=0
{{ This week we've added a new daily login / activity streak which increases by +1 each day you're online starting from tomorrow - if a day is missed, the streak is broken. You may also notice a drop in your networth as the calculation for property value has been changed. We also welcome Chris, a new Infrastructure Engineer to the team who we're very excited to have on board. }}
get in the habit of checking Ched's patch list posts every Tuesday in the Announcement forum
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=1&t=16182985&b=0&a=0
{{ This week we've added a new daily login / activity streak which increases by +1 each day you're online starting from tomorrow - if a day is missed, the streak is broken. You may also notice a drop in your networth as the calculation for property value has been changed. We also welcome Chris, a new Infrastructure Engineer to the team who we're very excited to have on board. }}
Mentions: Patch list #157 : 01/09/2020
My networth went down by a whole 500m not 25% of the fully maxed out PI value, tbh i dont really think its fair for ppl who paid the whole price upfront. But hey I am just a civilian what do my words count for.
You can go to this thread for debate on it...
Properties Networth Change >>
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=2&t=16182814&b=0&a=0
Properties Networth Change >>
https://www.torn.com/forums.php#/p=threads&f=2&t=16182814&b=0&a=0
Mentions: Properties Networth Change
I am bad at math, but maybe you can help me. What’s ~25% of $1,952,788,000?
Well yeah dude ik but oran literally said 350m on the post above. Anyways I dont really care about the networth issue but was more wondering towards if some ppl paid the 1.9b upfront with no discounts why would they be impacted also.
- ORAN [1778676]
- Role: Reporter
- Level: 100
- Posts: 11299
- Karma: 16926
- Last Action: 1 hour
- 18
- 0
Thread created on 16:10:09 - 31/08/20 (2 days ago)
|
Last replied 03:22:15 - 03/09/20 (5 minutes ago)
Scofield reported here about networth for properties being the full cost, ched quickly shows up and changes it to 75% of the property full cost.
tomorrow's going to be a fun day to stalk HOF Networth
If you own a Max PI your networth should drop by ~350m
So what am I bad at math or whats going on?
Mentions: oraN [1778676] · Properties Networth Change · Property Value in Networth.
- ORAN [1778676]
- Role: Reporter
- Level: 100
- Posts: 11299
- Karma: 16926
- Last Action: 1 hour
- 18
- 0
Thread created on 16:10:09 - 31/08/20 (2 days ago)
|
Last replied 03:22:15 - 03/09/20 (5 minutes ago)
Scofield reported here about networth for properties being the full cost, ched quickly shows up and changes it to 75% of the property full cost.
tomorrow's going to be a fun day to stalk HOF Networth
If you own a Max PI your networth should drop by ~350m
Mentions: oraN [1778676] · Properties Networth Change · Property Value in Networth.
Its absurd how you guys go poking fun of me for not knowing my math when thats what one of your fellow staff members said. I respect what you guys say so i was wondering why your prices differential so much and you gotta go poke fun of me for not knowing my math like really.
You literally have a smart phone or a computer to be playing this game. All the answers to basic math are a 15 second search away...
Really you guys go from responding in seconds to to not responding in half an hour wow, I just wanted a answer thats all.
Bro you have no idea what your talking about I obviously know the 500m is from the 25% but what I am saying is that one of his staff members said is was 350m ok read the post before just talking nonesense
well for one, Oran isn't staff lol.
two, I really don't care about the post, I'm just saying there's no excuse for not being able to comprehend basic math when we live in 2020 with countless tools available.
two, I really don't care about the post, I'm just saying there's no excuse for not being able to comprehend basic math when we live in 2020 with countless tools available.
Theres no point in talking to you as you clearly didnt read any of the points I listed above besides all you do is spend your days in the forums so theres no point in talking to you ignorant buffoon end of discussion
I dropped 10b networth lol
Fact of the matter is, had you taken a few seconds to do your own math, even google searching "what is 25% of 1.9billion" , instead of taking some random person word for it, there wouldn't have been any confusion.
oran was wrong, but he's not obligated to be right lol.
oran was wrong, but he's not obligated to be right lol.
how can i ever trust orans math skills again :(
I'm just hoping ORAN pulls a Scofield with some of that bad Math and gives me 3 SEs for $12.