Skip to content
TORNLIFE More

Faction Drama

Started by Slayyer [2629697] on in Faction Discussion.

68 replies · 1.35k views · thread synced · 9 days ago · View on torn.com
About this thread

Posts archived: 69 / 69 posts (100%) · the total is Torn's reply count + the opening post at the last fetch

Counted by TornLife from the archived posts.

Archived posts
69
Discussion span
→
Authority score
59 / 100
Historical score
33 / 100
Story score
64 / 100
Engagement score
76 / 100

People posting, likes and official posts are not counted for this thread yet: on threads longer than one page they come from a periodic pass over the archive, which has not covered it.

Most-liked replies

Slayyer [2629697]
So I'm in work on mobile and every 6hrs ish I start a new ghost trade with a faction member to keep my cash safe while less active. Anyway yesterday a member I hadn't ghosted with before cancelled on me. Luckily I was under new player protection and he couldn't pull the mug off. I posted in faction chat to let everyone know what's happened and got told to contact the co leader with the issue. I speak with the co leader and I end up getting the boot. They're main concern was did I bounty him immediately after he cancelled. (I gave him 3-4 hours to explain first)

I had provided plenty of proof he was in fact trying to mug me as they seem to think he wasn't trying to mug a fellow member. I mean come on why else would he cancel. This is just a small part of our chat.

Narcotraficante: I mug ppl randomly I dont stop to look at there profile the odds of robbing a member are slim
Slayyer: It wasnt random
Narcotraficante: Lmao sure it wasnt
Slayyer: You cancelled a GHOST TRADE then tried to mug lol

Multiple lies trying to get out of it. In my opinion its clear what the intention was. He also said he didn't know about the new player protection but he does now haha! Cant be anymore clear than that.
I'm still kind of confused, the guy had been there a day less than me. We were both new there and what makes it even better is after I get kicked he leaves anyway. Wont mention the faction name but all the best to them there were some cool guys there. Anyone willing to tell me what they would have done? Am I crazy?

Thanks for reading :)
Silver [445764]
It goes both ways. On one hand, no, faction members shouldn’t be trying to mug other faction members but as you say, the guy wasn’t exactly a long term faction member, neither were you.


On the other hand; you should be seeking general permission to set ghost trades, and generally speaking I would encourage if you are setting a ghost trade with a Faction member to set it up with a Leader or councillor.


But a simple conversation to say, hey I need to use ghost trades a fair bit, do you mind if I use you, and then use that person each time.
Wires [2209713]
Silver is right. Build rapport, find someone with some logetivity in the faction and ask. I have about a dozen people who ghost trade me in or out of the faction, all of them asked.

That said, if you got booted solely for that, you can find a better fit faction wise :)
Roweena [2338543]
You should always do ghost trades with people you trust. You only need 1-2 people to ghost with, either friends or faction leadership / Council as mentioned above.

When you're new in a faction, picking a random member to ghost without asking them first is generally a bad idea.

Overall sounds like you're better off without the faction you were in, I think you dodged a bullet there tbh.
RobberHood [2361494]
Why bother speaking to the co-lead when you already bountied the guy? You didn't want help or advice imo, you just wanted allies to back you up. The right thing to do would to let the leaders resolve the issue, not try and turn the whole faction on the person who upset you.
Slayyer [2629697]
Because that's what my allies told me to do. They agreed it was shocking but said the co leader would deal with it. I bountied the guy hours later for ignoring my message to him and not explaining himself. I felt mt friends deserved to know what sort of guy he was. Maybe i should have said nothing and let the leaders deal with it. I was just so mad at the time and wanted to let me friends know what happened.
That still doesn't justify what happened and how a co leader can still ask after plenty of evidence 'how do you know he tried to mug you'.
Bilbosaggings [2323763]
He's right to ask for evidence and there is an off chance person A didn't want to ghost trade or he suspected a scam of sorts perhaps. Like I've nearly cancelled ghost trades when I wasn't told about them lol but to say he's planning to mug you is a big thing considering you both in the same faction and should be mates. But some players are out to ruin others day and at least you didn't lose any money I guess :)
Malgarth [2308239]
Silver is correct, generally try to ghost trade with either the leader, co-leader and other well established players within your faction.
At this time it seems like you were indeed almost a victim of cancel-mugging, but luckily the player that tried doing it was retarded - lucky!
Feel free to use me for ghost trades as well and if you have any questions about the game my door is always open.
JoeyDoughnuts77 [2108730]
how do you now he tried to mug you if your under new player protection? merely cancelling a ghost trade is not proof of your claims, if i saw some under 2wk player i didnt know trying to trade with me i might cancel as well wtf is this guy i might say to myself
KTB [1671666]
Sounds like the faction probably is not a very good one, seems pretty obvious what went on and they ignored.oh well least you didn't invest to much time
JoeyDoughnuts77 [2108730]
you posted 4 lines of text and called it proof. You are the only one causing drama. you ghost trade with ppl some of them might cancel without even checking who are you are. idc if they "admitted it" supposedly. IF their is a ton more text you couldve just copied and pasted one part that makes him look guilty where he was being sarcastic. if someone were to try and ghost trade with me w/o contacting me i might cancel. If some 1wk old player contacted me about it I might screw with them, like seriously dude your panties are in a bunch over this let me have some fun with this stuck up tightly wound green leaf. If you cant handle ppl cancelling ghost trades and/or trying to mug you your not going to do well in this game. As it is, your a week old starting crap on the forums, let me tell you how that ends....not well.

Suck it up, learn from what happened, and stop being a female dog about it. Ok drama queen?
elie350 [2065964]
You need to always inform the player you are ghost trading ahead because he might have seen the trade and canceled it by reflex.
He might have wanted to mug you but i agree with the leaders, you can't prove it. And you bountying him before talking with the leaders ruined your case.

The most likely scenario if you asked the leaders to take care of the situation is:
- They can't prove it but remind everyone that mugging faction members is not allowed and they keep you both.
- The person that cancelled your trade attempt a mugging again and get kicked
- happy ending
Or they don't attempt a mug and happy ending again.